What have you done to your MSP today?

LOL, so my boss went to the dragstrip this weekend (1200+ hp diesel truck). and had some major issues. Blew fuel pump seal and ended up with death wheel wobble. I guess the shop that balanced his wheels STACKED 3-4 weights on top of each other, and guess what, they came off (no surprise). bwahaha

lol ok, hopefully thats the only gremlin u have to tackle to solve your issue.

finally grew the sack to hit full boost on the built engine since it went in. never wanted to hit full boost due to the fact i kept throwing check engine lights for a sensor here and there. fixing my misfire issue, and then fixing my coolant leak. *knock on wood* MSP has been driving nicely. now to up to the boost to 10ish psi for a little bit more fun until i get fully tuned.

Come on man I run 10-11 psi on my stock 145k mile drivetrain!

Come on man I run 10-11 psi on my stock 145k mile drivetrain!

CEL. big no no for me lol. id rather fix a check engine light and know what its on for before i beat on the car. better safe than sorry. i ran 10psi on my stock block too. but not al the time and that was when it was healthy with no issues. and plus like i said i had a coolant leak issue. last thing i needed was to run it and overheat the block and warp my head on it lol.

I've got about 250 miles on the new engine. I hit around 11 psi (2871r) with the boost controller basically off. I drive it real careful though. Haven't gone over 5k rpm yet.

I've got about 250 miles on the new engine. I hit around 11 psi (2871r) with the boost controller basically off. I drive it real careful though. Haven't gone over 5k rpm yet.

11psi on a gt2871 is probably a hell of a lot more fun than 7-11 psi on the stocker . i need/want more boost. wish i could hit the "win for life" lotto ticket. i dont need millions il be content with an extra $1000 a week for life (20 years) lol

I've been running 9psi on a 235k motor for the last 5k and she is still going. Sooner of later she will ZZB.

Gathering some 320 grit sand paper to lightly sand my roof and hopefully have that and some other panels vinyl wrapped this weekend :)

dropped it off to get alternator replaced. does replacing the alternator require removing an axle to make room?

whipping this around in the meantime.

IMG_8670-L.jpg

No you don't have to remove the axle but removing the 3 bolts for the carrier helps get it out. Honestly the Alt is really easy to replace on these cars, I wouldn't pay someone to do it.

11psi on a gt2871 is probably a hell of a lot more fun than 7-11 psi on the stocker . i need/want more boost. wish i could hit the "win for life" lotto ticket. i dont need millions il be content with an extra $1000 a week for life (20 years) lol

Yeah but I was boosting over 20 on that turbo before so it feels slow!

dropped it off to get alternator replaced. does replacing the alternator require removing an axle to make room?

whipping this around in the meantime.

IMG_8670-L.jpg

no. alternator comes out through the top. just a little bit of effort to manuever your hands to access the bolts to remove it and to guide the alternator in and out. but shoudnt take much more than 30-45 minutes to do.

Back