What have you done to your MS3 today?

rolled my rear fenders some more, and then cleaned the car.

I think I got this about as good as I can get it with 18x8's.

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052-1.jpg

Looks awesome. I might have to add some spacers to my setup :D

Thanks for heads up. What does fully bolted mean in general? rods, head studs pistons? or just every part external to the motor?

It means everything outside of the guts of the motor itself.

Cobb SRI w/Amsoil Dry Flow, Cobb TIP, Cobb XLE, Cobb FMIC, Cobb DP, Cobb CBE, Cobb STS, Cobb SW, Cobb AP w/PERM tune?, CP-e HPFP, CP-e Safe Seals, CP-e DH Mount, MSD DH, SU Base Bushings, SU Recirc Tube, MD OCC, Hotchkis Swaybars, SURE TIG's, RX8's powdercoated "Ultra Black Chrome" wrapped in 245/40 Starspec's, Shaved, 30% Tint, Jbarone Dogbone RMM, Jbarone Shift Knob w/ kritz cock rings, Topspeed Solid LCA Bushings, RA Mudflaps, ITV-22's

304whp 334wtq

NEED: Retune, Meth, Coilovers
Want: Manifolds, GTX3071

Thats a trunkload of things that bolt on for sure! although the shifter setup gives me cause for concern.
CP-e safe seals?. jeebus 245s? must be a monster in class!
The new gtx should be a nice piece for our Speed 3s. i also have an interest in that one.
I was wondering about oil pan baffles lately and starvation for left to right bearings. i am also thinkin down the road, an aftermarket oil cooler as an addition. Since you are fond of high lateral Gs, although short term, what are your thoughts to this?
I am thwarted for the mani (exh?) for now witha tmic still in place.
Thanks again.
eric

What have I done today? Worked on an accessport map for the BT.
Ordering new clutch tomorrow to be installed next weekend.

Got pulled over. 66 in a 40. Thing is is I was going with the flow of traffic. No fine in the ticket, have to appear in court on the 2nd of November.

That blows. When I used to drive to/from work in rush hour traffic every day I would fly when the breaks in traffic allowed. Even when I passed a cop I knew there was no chance he was pulling out into rush hour traffic to get me so it worked out pretty well. Except for the one time I got popped for doing 84 in a 60. :(

Whatd that cost you?

IIRC it was around $150 or so. It was back in 2009 so I'm not 100% positive.

I've had 2 speeding tickets in the Speed. 2 in a Focus. 1 in a Mini Cooper S. The only car I haven't been pulled over in (yet) is the Miata. I just look at it as a cost of doing business. If you are going to speed eventually you get pulled over, so I don't worry about it much.

Finally got my hypertech situation straightened out. The previous owner did not unprogram it correctly, so his VIN was still tied to the unit. He just hastily (in the parking lot of the dealer he had just traded the car into) set all settings back to stock. This does not "unmarry" the unit. If you are buying a used unit, ask for a screen cap of the tuner update program readout where there is no VIN assigned to the unit's serial number as well as a picture of the back of the unit clearly showing the serial number..

That said, the guy I bought it from (on here) is a real stand up dude. He refunded most of the money I paid him so I could pay hypertech to reprogram my unit. Also, thanks to Chris at hypertech for handling a situation that they didn't really have to.

The review: The main reason I got the HT was to up the idle rpm to smooth it out. Set it to +150rpm and it's now smooth enough that it's not rattling my teeth and everything on the dash when sitting at a light. I know I must be getting some extra power because max boost is up +2psi or so. I have an analog gauge so this is not 100% accurate. Overall the car feels smoother and much peppier and eager. I know those are bs sounding descriptions, but the butt dyno is subjective.

Glad you got that worked out and good advice regarding the pictures for those purchasing a used Hypertech in the future.

Back