What have you done to your MS3 today?

pics of cone carnage

hide the kiddies

IMG_7556.jpg

and i need moar rubber

IMG_1003.jpg

Looks like your tire may be rolling over a bit in the second picture.

First, speeding is illegal and dangerous. Some one could get hurt needlessly. even though a Speed 3 has amazing braking and handling that may well be up to the task of avoiding an unexpected dilemna
So please do not speed unnecessarily. Even if everyone else is doing it.
second never pulled over. i have two or 3 tickets at checkpoints for no inspection.
130 a pop.
Rotus, the butt dyno is waaay better than the facts. But i bet you really are getting more out of her and glad it's sorted now.
Peppy and eager are darn good terms. Like a racehorse.
Mine is irratated and angry right now. almost hibernation time.
Saw a sweet red 1st gen speed3 last weekend. couple of young gentlemen were kind enough to say hello. He had a nice Cobb decal in rear 1/4 window and said was recently tuned to 20. Car looked so good and well done i went home and pouted about my beater speed.
Oh well, wait till next. i am due for a rebuild.
I hope you ALL, have a good winter and look forward to getting back on this awesome thread and talking with you folks to read what is going on.
unsubscribed
best wishes
eric

Last edited:
Past due for an oil change. And my definition of "past due" is anything over the 3000 mile interval i set for myself....even though i use synthetic

blah blah blah "you can wait longer".......blah blah blah "youre wasting money".

Im also contemplating doing a power steering and coolant change. Only problem is i dont really have the tools i want for the job (especially for the power steering)....and i dont want to go the dealer route

Most quickie change places can do that for you. They have a machine that will suck the old fluid out while replacing it w/new. when it comes out clear, its done. Similar to a pressurized brake fluid change.

And yes, you ARE wasting money changing synthetic that often... even in a boosted car. So if you know that, why do it?

I did mine last week as well and I went to 5k on the dealerships semi synthetic, I switched to Pennzoil Platinum and I plan on going 5k on that. I was lazy with the previous oil change.

I've been doing 5k. In the winter I'll stretch it to 7500 if necessary, because I don't like changing the oil in the cold. :D

I started putting my track wheels/tires and car cleaning supplies in my house. So my fiancee doesn't have a problem with me finishing and heating the garage ;) probably won't be done this year though :(

Most quickie change places can do that for you. They have a machine that will suck the old fluid out while replacing it w/new. when it comes out clear, its done. Similar to a pressurized brake fluid change.

And yes, you ARE wasting money changing synthetic that often... even in a boosted car. So if you know that, why do it?

yea i know the machine, but its not like changing brake fluid because you dont replace brake fluid at the reservoir like you would the power steering. Brake fluid is easy as long as you wait till its dirty enough to be able to tell once new fluid is replacing old fluid in the lines

and the "blah blah" was referring to ppl who would inevitably chime in saying i was wasting money and such

the oil, to me, smells gassy enough to make me want to change it every 3k like the olden days. Granted im sure it would last longer....I JUST DONT ******* DO IT LIKE THAT

sorry...bad day

yea i know the machine, but its not like changing brake fluid because you dont replace brake fluid at the reservoir like you would the power steering. Brake fluid is easy as long as you wait till its dirty enough to be able to tell once new fluid is replacing old fluid in the lines

and the "blah blah" was referring to ppl who would inevitably chime in saying i was wasting money and such

the oil, to me, smells gassy enough to make me want to change it every 3k like the olden days. Granted im sure it would last longer....I JUST DONT ******* DO IT LIKE THAT

sorry...bad day

I was going to say something too, but it's your car! Do whatever you want and be happy about it. :D

At the rate I'm going, I'll be driving 42,000 miles a year. That's 8 and a half oil changes. FML.

In the first 2 years I had my car I did 70,000 miles. Thankfully I got a new job and have only driven it 9,000 miles in the last year. I haven't drive my Speed3 in 3 weeks at least.

Mounted my new winter setup, courtesy of CL; 17" Mazda3 wheels with original Yokohama Avid tires with less than 500 miles on them ($300). I'll abuse the tires this winter and then likely mounts some Hankook Ventus Z214 for autocross. if all works well, then back to my alternate stock wheels with goodyear F1 all seasons, they're just loud and harsh.

quarterb.jpg

frontbr.jpg

lateralr.jpg

Last edited:
rotated tires

oil change

painted calipers black

fsd install on another speed

coilover install on a miata

im exhausted

Back