What have you done to your MS3 today?

That's the problem....hard to find one decently priced.
I'm thinking it could be the spark plugs, so I'm going to check them out and probably order new ones since I'm running bad bosch ones from autozone anyway.

1. Yah the shift knobs are ridiculous, just one under 70 would be awesome.
2. Try the Denso Iridium ITV22 Spark Plugs, Ive heard great reviews, check out some of the comments on PG's website.
Keep me updated on that Knob!!

I think I'm going to end up going with the stock NGK's. I tried the ITV22's initially and was warned about it because they are one step colder and my car was stock at the time. Besides that, I might be returning the car to stock soon.....got my eyes on a new ride. (glare)

It's been a busy week. Got new shoes on the car, BFGoodrich GForce (225/40 ZR18) on Tuesday. New Front brakes and rotors on Friday (Centric Premium Replacement Rotors & EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads). CPE Rear Engine Mount, Turbosmart BPV, AEM/Mazdaspeed CAI Air Straightener and Denso Iridium ITV22 Plugs all installed today. Driving this car is pretty much orgasmic now. Also got my Shortened Shiftboot and Armrest from Redline put in today. Made the mistake of going with Charcoal instead of Black. Looks kinda funky, but the Charcoal is close enough to the grey mesh in the seats to pass. Thanks again to NCZ13 for your help.

All of this was my birthday present to myself. (birthday)

Where'd you get the rotors from? I've been looking for OEM replacements but not ready to pay $350 for the Rotoras.

Where'd you get the rotors from? I've been looking for OEM replacements but not ready to pay $350 for the Rotoras.

I don't know the forum rules on name dropping other websites, but the company AutoAnything out here in San Diego had them on their website. Look them up. I think I paid $185 for both rotors.

Last edited:
Went to the OCC All-Mazda meet on Saturday and won a gift certificate to Lamin-X for $75 so I spent that today. Some headlight covers, new foglight covers and the uv protectant.

Mounted some new shoes (Hankook V12s) and I have to say that these sidewalls are really soft. I've never felt so much body lean in my car in some of the turns around my house and I can see the sidewall move if I grip the outter tread and pull. Suffice it to say, they aren't very confidence inspiring. However, they inexplicably grip (like the C&D article mentioned). Shop put 36 psi all around.

The V12's do have sidewall flex but they don't give up. I take curves very hard and have yet to break them loose. The soft sides make for a more comfy ride too. I'm going to EECMM next week and will see how they do on The Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway, can't wait.

I run 38 psi all around.

The V12's do have sidewall flex but they don't give up. I take curves very hard and have yet to break them loose. The soft sides make for a more comfy ride too. I'm going to EECMM next week and will see how they do on The Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway, can't wait.

I run 38 psi all around.

in general, soft sidewalls make me feel like the tires are slightly less responsive even if they hold in the corners... also gives me a little feeling of understeer when entering a hard corner. i guess it's always a balance, 'cause if the tires are too hard/stiff then you can't feel the road either.

Changed the oil for the first time. I'm a dumbass so it took me a while. Had trouble getting the freaking thing off the ground. Couldn't get the jack underneath because the car is too low. Then suddenly it hits me, "Pull it up on some 2x4's and THEN slide the jack under it, Mr. Hawking". Brilliant! Then I realized that I didn't actually have an oil filter wrench that fit on the filter housing. So I run to Walmart (It's late and everything else is closed). They don't have anything that is actually the right size either, only a couple of semi-universal filter removal tools. Bought one, took it home, tried it. Determined that it was a POS, drove back to Walmart, returned it, bought the other one, took it home, tried it, think it's kind of a POS too, but less of a POS than the first one because it managed to at least get it broken loose. After that things went pretty smoothly.

It did bring up a question though. Why is there a big hole in the plastic splash guard right next to the oil filter? It almost looks like it is supposed to give access to the oil filter, but it is about 5 inches off from being lined up for that. Not sure what the purpose is. Just curious. Obviously I took the whole guard off to do the oil change. Not a big deal.

Be careful. There are reports of people cracking the plastic housing by over tightening it. It is highly recommended to buy the proper tool when you have a chance so you are not stressing the plastic removing the filter housing.

I believe the hole is in the correct position for the regular Mazda3 however, I may be wrong.

Re-spraying my Nextmod spoiler lip. Took a beating recently from road debris.

I hate when that happens. Sometimes debris hits the car so hard that I pull over the side of the road to check it out. Luckily no serious damage have been done YET.

just got back from military training in north carolina. car sat for three weeks. started it up and for some reason my corksport tbe was ungodly loud. took a look under the car and found this...

SANY0480.jpg
[/IMG]

SANY0479.jpg

SANY0478.jpg

not even 15000 miles on the exhaust and it was fine when i left. anyone have an idea as to why this happened. im leaving now to go have the resonator removed and replace with a straight pipe

Call up CS, don't get the reso hacked out... I'm sure they will help you out, unless you really aren't telling us something you did to cause that problem... which I couldn't forsee.

nope i cant think of anything that i could have possibly done to cause a clean break like that. like i said, its been sitting for three weeks and all i did was start her up and thought i got into a damn subaru lol. the guy at the performance exhaust shop told me that the stainless steel tends to get brittle so i dont know what to think.

Back