What have you done to your Miata today?

You are all a bunch of youngsters.

Back on topic, got a performance alignment today from the local good shop. They didn't give me the actual final settings (I didn't notice it wasn't on my invoice until I got home) but the owner said the rear was set up for toe out before he started. That explains the very tail-happy behavior.

You are all a bunch of youngsters.

Back on topic, got a performance alignment today from the local good shop. They didn't give me the actual final settings (I didn't notice it wasn't on my invoice until I got home) but the owner said the rear was set up for toe out before he started. That explains the very tail-happy behavior.

Yep, that would do it. See if they can scan the alignment sheet and send it to you.

Got the word that the tuning is complete for the MSM. However, he hasn't done any power pulls yet because he prefers the owner, or a representative be there during the pulls. Should have numbers in the next couple days.

Still on factory turbo? I'm going to guess around 215 to the tires.

This is what I did with mine over the weekend.

If you need to see it in HD just watch it on the youtubs.

yeah, still on factory turbo. I wish I could see the video, but it's blocked here. Drag strip? What did it run? The one time I took mine, I managed a 13.73 at 103.22.

Signed up for the season-ending fun run on Sunday. Expecting more from myself with a better alignment (understanding the course will be different so I won't be able to directly correlate my times from the last event).

just got word that the tuning is done. Mike still has the car strapped to the dyno, and is waiting for Levi to pick it up so that someone is on site to witness the power pulls. I'm anxious. He said the good news is that the car pulls hard all the way up to 7k. Bad news is that the manual boost controller I have sucks total donkey dick. It goes up to 11.8psi, drops to 9.9, goes back up to 11.8ish, and then settles to 9.9 from 5500 to 7k. Time for an EBC.

Washed her. Got our new keychains. Ordered a set of pedals from rspeed to replace the huge ones the car came with, they are too big for my feet and I keep overlapping pedals.

Opinion time, should I buy a set of hood shocks for the Miata? I had them on the Protege and they were nice. Rspeed has theirs on sale right now for $50.

Had the front strut bar hardware powdercoated.

DSC00750.JPG

Back