What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

Parts that are off the car so far: Meth kit, FMIC kit, LED Tails(sold), Grill, Strut bar, MS oil cap, Battery is back in the engine bay, Center gauges

Tomorrow's agenda: PG manifold removal and replace with stock. Re-install TMIC. Install stock TIH w/ cp-e SRI. Mount battery in engine bay. Mount washer fluid tank. Remove TT front engine mount and SU RMM.

I just realized I am gonna need to change the oil to get the oil adapter plate off with the senders. :( I just changed the oil 1000 miles ago.

It's always tough to take stuff apart that you did a lot of work to get just the way you want...but, time marches on, and you gotta do what you gotta do to make you happy.

I'm interested in the grille and RMM (what bushing is it?), if they're not spoken for could you please let me know about them? Thanks!

^They are spoken for. Theres not much not spoken for. Whatever isnt sold will be posted in a for sale thread soon.

So far I need to sell the metra dash kit, turbine tech front motor mount, short shift plate, cobb shift weight, PG exhaust manifold, dash hawk, cpe gauge pod, oil temp and pressure gauges, and EGT gauge. Which are all prosport electric gauges.

Other than that everything has been either sold or claimed by about 2-3 people.

I also need to sell my wheels and tires. I am looking for about $1200 for them. Im hoping to sell this local as shipping will rape me.

...oh, and I forgot to mention. A yellow MSP parked next to me at the hardware store. God, those Racing Harts are purdy.

-Jay

...oh, and I forgot to mention. A yellow MSP parked next to me at the hardware store. God, those Racing Harts are purdy.

-Jay

I agree. Have been trying to get Wagonbacker9 to sell/trade me his Racing Harts, think they'd look boss on my 6.

I hit 44k today :)

I rainX'd the MS6 today as well as doing it to the girlfriends tC.

Who else has the Magnaflow CBE? I'm having some rattling issues with mine and I wanted to know if any of you know of a fix? Maybe new hangers?

Last edited:
aye seems to be a common issue with the magnaflow CBE.

If you look just above the exahust tips, under the bumper this is a sort of lip, metal pinch weld.
Not to be confused with the fake stock tips, but before the stock tips under the bumper itself, just before the mufflers.

You can easily bend these back towards the front of the car, with pliers/channel locks in a nice arc around the tips.
This helped with the major rattling issue, but i have slight rattle, cause the mufflers sit real close to the heat shields that surround them, so enough movement/revs will rattle them agian...

not sure how else to fix that one though, gonna have to figure another idea out, lol

If you look just above the exahust tips, under the bumper this is a sort of lip, metal pinch weld.
Not to be confused with the fake stock tips, but before the stock tips under the bumper itself, just after the mufflers.

You can easily bend these back towards the front of the car, with pliers/channel locks in a nice arc around the tips.
This helped with the major rattling issue, but i have slight rattle, cause the mufflers sit real close to the heat shields that surround them, so enough movement/revs will rattle them agian...

not sure how else to fix that one though, gonna have to figure another idea out, lol

Last edited:

Not to be confused with the fake stock tips, but before the stock tips under the bumper itself, just before the mufflers.

ah ok :) Good to know....I'll mess around with this tomorrow on my day off :)

I rainX'd the MS6 today as well as doing it to the girlfriends tC.

Who else has the Magnaflow CBE? I'm having some rattling issues with mine and I wanted to know if any of you know of a fix? Maybe new hangers?

got magnaflow....ever since i installed it i get all kind of rattling and such...when i hit bumps i get it all...this should fix your problem tho - http://www.corksport.com/corksport-urethane-exhaust-hangars-for-mazdaspeed-6.html

if you look under the car right after the "Y" pipe on the passenger side the exhaust pipe comes very close to the frame of the car...i noticed within an inch...and it could be hitting that along with your exhaust tips hitting the bumper...it could be either one of these issues...the problem is the weight of the new exhaust pipe and the crappy rubber exhaust hangers mount things as shown above....its cheap and should fix the problem..i gotta look into them soon since i am tired of hearing it

Also, when you're installing the exhaust (with the bolting still loosened), you can pry the exhaust away from the bottom of the car and while holding it away from the car tighten the bolting up. That's what I had to do with my Corksport 3" setup. It worked great after that. No rattling at all.

Also, when you're installing the exhaust (with the bolting still loosened), you can pry the exhaust away from the bottom of the car and while holding it away from the car tighten the bolting up. That's what I had to do with my Corksport 3" setup. It worked great after that. No rattling at all.

huh? im not following the whole "bolt back up" while holding the exhaust way from the car... the only bolts my exhaust used was to the CAT and the exhaust clamps to hold sections together. The rest is simply held on by those crap stock exhaust hangers. I was gonna upgrade these soon like smokey suggested... i currently have a temporary solution of worm clamping the stock ones tighter. however this pulls the hangers smaller, pulling exhaust closer to the car... i need the original spacing but much firmer material hangers. As for the initial bad exhaust rattle issue, as i explained to Worbit, the pinch weld lip just above the exhaust tips under the bumper just after the mufflers.

This weekend i rolled over 53k miles, and worked on my exhaust a bit more. Final step will be just to purchase new more solid hangers.
Today im picking up my wheels from the PC place, and new lugs.

huh? im not following the whole "bolt back up" while holding the exhaust way from the car... the only bolts my exhaust used was to the CAT and the exhaust clamps to hold sections together. The rest is simply held on by those crap stock exhaust hangers. I was gonna upgrade these soon like smokey suggested... i currently have a temporary solution of worm clamping the stock ones tighter. however this pulls the hangers smaller, pulling exhaust closer to the car... i need the original spacing but much firmer material hangers. As for the initial bad exhaust rattle issue, as i explained to Worbit, the pinch weld lip just above the exhaust tips under the bumper just after the mufflers.

This weekend i rolled over 53k miles, and worked on my exhaust a bit more. Final step will be just to purchase new more solid hangers.
Today im picking up my wheels from the PC place, and new lugs.

Ah! I didn't realize the Magnaflow system was all one piece. The Corksport system is a three-piece setup.

oh no it isnt. the exhaust clamps attach the seperate pieces... i was just not understanding what you mean helped?

as in seperating the sections more-so than re-tightening? i tried that to move it away from suspension which helpd, but now its only the mufflers being so close to the heat shield, only solution being i need better exhaust hangers. ill be buying asap. :)

The problem I ran into with the Corksport setup was the exhaust hit on the rear differential. I was able to pry the main(center) section down and tighten the two tailpipes so that the tailpipes held the center pipe down away from the differential.

Back