What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

Question for you guys who drive in heavy rain.

The last week or so its been dumping here in Seattle and Im a little worried with some of the sounds im hearing from my rear doors. It almost likes like rain water is dripping inside the car but I cant seem to find where this is happening. My girlfriend and I were driving around the other day and BOTH sides sounded like it had water coming in from somewhere. Do you guys have the same issue with your MS6?

I get the same thing. Kinda freaks me out ever so often. Could it be water draining from the moonroof sill?

-Jay

I get the same thing. Kinda freaks me out ever so often. Could it be water draining from the moonroof sill?

-Jay

draining to where? lol im completely lost and to where this is coming from but I guess as long as its not leaking inside the car then i wont care all that much

Also, snapped this little shot of my inner driver while driving down to San Diego two weeks ago :)
2010-10-13_07-56-04_495.jpg

If I had ever gotten one of those green dudes. I would have painted his suit white and did some red/black accents.

Lol yeah, I haven't got the full details yet and I'm still looking into it. Shop where I live called "4 star", they basically build race cars.... specifically they work on AWD boosted cars, tones of 10 second STI's and EVO's and such... I should snap some pics of the cars they've done... (full carbon fibre EVO X, looks insane!).

Anyways the tune is some type of ecutech tune, the guys their need my car for an entire days worth of dyno tuning. They go to Mazda, and get the software for my car first. Timing gets advanced and a bunch of things get played around with like A/F and such. The car can get tuned to a certian type of octane if I really want they say, obviously a set amount of boost and some other things here and there. All restrictions get unlocked with limiters and such taken off. I can get a launch control set to the perfect RPM's aswell for tracking. Theres a few more things I probably just can't remember right now lol... And oh, its apparently not traceable because they use the software from Mazda or something, I'm not too sure to be honest.

My friends who have STI's say this tune puts the Cobb AP to shame which is what I thought was interesting... Also if I need something modified or if I get more mods and need more tuning it will cost very little or nothing because I already have the software and they just have to add/subtract a thing or two. Tune is around $800.

j-e-a-l-o-u-s

-Jay
draining to where? lol im completely lost and to where this is coming from but I guess as long as its not leaking inside the car then i wont care all that much

i wouldnt worry guys. that sound you are hearing is the indeed water draining off the moonroof sills. It goes down the back to the trunk gutters. it can get loud, but unless you start seeing/feeling damp interior, you should be just fine.

i havent even heard of any MS6 having weatherproofing issues yet.

That reminds me I haven't checked my trunk for water in a while. I have had water pooling in the spare tire well and jack areas before. I'll take a look today and see.

YAY!!! i was worried you died. :p how's back to stock been treating you?

I've been back to stock for 5 months now, and it still sucks. :( The good news is that I'm about to graduate (7 weeks!) so I'll have a little more free time than working 11 hours and then going to school for 5 every day.

well then, a pre-meditated CONGRATS to your graduation!!!

mebe someday we can see that mod list of yours back on the car. :)
ill slowly catch up, getting the long list a little longer every month or so.

That reminds me I haven't checked my trunk for water in a while. I have had water pooling in the spare tire well and jack areas before. I'll take a look today and see.

at the time, did you check the rain gutters along the trop of the trunk edges to see if they sprang any leaks?
cause i noticed the wire plug on the drivers side can come out (luckily i caught it the one time the car wash guys pulled it out) and if out can easily catch a bunch of water in it.

Damn! I just rolled over 44k last week. I've only put about 14k miles on it in over a year and a half of ownership.

NoDak's is on the end-half of the blizzard. Dumped a good amount of snow on the ground, and I once again fell in love with my MS6. AWD ftw.

Oh, and apparently, there's a fourth MS6 in Minot! the hunt.....ermmmm...search....begins again!

^^ Lol I was supposed to get mine a while ago :( Apparently it's on the way. Amanda told me she was working on it....

Back