What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

15393658_large.jpg

Anyone know how to remove the steering wheel top cover?
I'm going to install my boost gauge pod there. Just need to remove it so I can drill & bolt down the pod.

Bunch of maintenance over the long weekend.

Did the 3M fuel system clean kit. Changed the oil, air filter, cabin air filter.
Noticed a tire going bad - replaced it + alignment.
This car seems hard to keep tires on it. I do not even drive that hard.

^
Have you had any alignment work done?
It's been noted that MAZDA specs make the tires wear faster.
I'd look into an alignment check ASAP.
I'm slammed & the only issues I have are tire/fender rubbing up front on a sharp incline.

In other news, got the steering cover off & pod mounted.
Just need to hook everything up today.

A set of the SPC front upper adjustable ball joints helps immensely, plus with a good alignment it feels like the car has lost 200 pounds off the front end.

my 6 has been sitting in my driveway since Halloween cause of a dead starter. i finally pushed it into my garage last night. but gave up after even just that. screw having a driveway at a angle! lol

I'm having some install issues w/my prosport peak/warn boost gauge - Seems the unit won't power up (even if i try & tap directly to the battery). I sent it back to prosport & they did a test, said it was good. Got it back & still no dice, so I recorded a video (usung 2 gauges) & sent it back again because the damn thing would not power up...tonight I get an email from Kyle @PS said its working fine. UGGGGGGH, see my frustration.
Have been using PS for years & thins is my first gauge install that has me stumped. Ideas?

Prosport Peak Gauge - YouTube

I'm having some install issues w/my prosport peak/warn boost gauge - Seems the unit won't power up (even if i try & tap directly to the battery). I sent it back to prosport & they did a test, said it was good. Got it back & still no dice, so I recorded a video (usung 2 gauges) & sent it back again because the damn thing would not power up...tonight I get an email from Kyle @PS said its working fine. UGGGGGGH, see my frustration.
Have been using PS for years & thins is my first gauge install that has me stumped. Ideas?

Prosport Peak Gauge - YouTube

Not sure. Mine was simple to wire up. I tapped into some wires under the driver's side and it works fine. Maybe some cross in the wires or some weird wiring in your car that messes up the system. Try to power it up into another car.

That's weird as hell JDM. I've been using prosport for a while now as well. And never had this issue. Not sure where to begin since you said you tried a direct connection to the battery. Ground is the only thing that comes to mind. You hooked up both power and ground of the gauge to the battery directly and it still didn't power up?

Kyle sent me a video & then explained to me that the white wire must be hooked up regardless...
His video confirms this, because he left everything on the way I sent it.
Uggggh...simple things sometimes.

Back