What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

Funny.

OK - Should I do HR Springs or RPM Street? I want to go lower but I also need to negotiate Michigan winters.

go with the rpm streets if you can get in on that group buy. i run them here in pittsburgh and don't have any problems in the winters, at least there in michigan it's flat, unlike here where sometimes i scrape.

Jay, it's not that bad. I just had trouble with certain driveways and speedbumps, where my test pipe would scrape.

Besides, you could have it worse, you could have a functional splitter that plows the roads at stock height. I've got that debacle myself right now.

Mine smoked today just a little. Maybe not let it sit long enough after stopping. I was in a hurry for coffee. I'm waiting for warmer weather to do some more mods (and more money). Not related to the car, I passed my comprehensive examination yesterday. Only dissertation left and then Ph.D.

I feel you. 3 more years and Im done with residency. But wait, theres one year of fellowship on top of that...sweet...ill be 34

re-installed my turbosmart BPV...almost back into full summer mode... CAI will be back on oncei get the filter clean and fix or replace the piece that mounts it to the frame... i broke mine during removal....

Washed my car in the driveway last night. Felt great. Looking into tint later today to hopefully get it done this weekend.

OK - Should I do HR Springs or RPM Street? I want to go lower but I also need to negotiate Michigan winters.

RPMs. Or, spend the coin and get the AutoExe ones. I ran H&R springs and was plowing in the winter.

lol as usual im late to the convo...
but yay id go with RPM Streets, cause still pretty comfy ride, a little over an inch drop, so not too low. However, i believe RPM stopped making them so they may already be out of stock, if thats the case, good luck finding a set. Mine may go up for sale this year sometime after i get coilovers.

anyway, nice to see people keeping active in this thread at least.
and I FINALLY GOT MY CAR BACK FROM THE BODY SHOP!!! woo. paint looks as good as new, they matched the paint so well, it looks 100% OEM paint again. And its a hard color to match. i finally get to enjoy the mods i installed just before it went to the shop, lol!!

EDIT::
Great. Thanks, I'm getting into the group buy for the RPMs.
wait, WHAT!? a GB is going on now for those? by RPM themselves? whoever it is im shocked they still have enough stock... well all the power to ya, ur getting em cheaper than did then! nice nice

Last edited:
I threw a P0401 for the second time in as many weeks. Looks like there's an EGR cleaning in my near future...

-Jay

You know where to find the how to? its not on this forum i dont believe but my buddy raider did it on another forum

Hello from Montana!! It was a looong 16 hour drive. The speed did excellent, averaged 28 mpg. Little did I know the guest house (for now)we are staying at is WAY off the beaten path. I'm talking about having to follow a certain line down the road to avoid scraping the undercarriage. I didn't know about this, and it pisses me off everyday to drive on this damn road. The view is incredible though. Found a house we are going to look at on PAVEMENT!!!

Tungsten schooled me. It is posted here. My bad.

I guess I'll just have to make my own How-To and post it on here.

-Jay

^Nice

I noticed after like 3 years that i dont have s*** for clearance between my wheel and caliper. lol
Photo0175.jpg

Latest posts

Back