What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

New to the Forum and have had my Mazda 3 for 2 weeks now - 2015 Sport Nav. Really pleased with it, lovely fun car to drive. I've done nothing to it as yet except for fill the tank up!

I do need a set of roof rails though for my bike racks - any suggestions/advice greatly received.

New to the Forum and have had my Mazda 3 for 2 weeks now - 2015 Sport Nav. Really pleased with it, lovely fun car to drive. I've done nothing to it as yet except for fill the tank up!

I do need a set of roof rails though for my bike racks - any suggestions/advice greatly received.
I was very happy with our Thule rack for our 2010 S. If you haven't already check out RackAttack. That is what I used when researching what would fit, etc. You can take that info. to shop prices elsewhere if you like.

So anyone remember that curb incident from last fall? When I swapped the winter tires over it was cold, so I just wrapped the summers in their totes and stored them.

Today, I wanted to check out the two PS tires to see how they held air over the winter. Happy to say that all four had 32psi! Sad to say that the two PS are toast!

I was very hesitant about him driving on the front tire due to the chunk of rubber missing. Then I noticed the inner rib. :eek: The rear tire has a smaller chunk missing as well as a small slice.

So two new tires were just ordered as all four had 8/32nds tread depth. The BFGoodrich G-Force Comp 2 A/S Plus come new with 9/32nds. But because they are directional, I will have to have one of the drivers side tires re-mounted so I can place both of the new tires on the rear axle.

Front tire chunk
20230324_132941.jpg

Front tire inner rib
20230324_133003.jpg

Rear tire chunk and slice
20230324_133257.jpg

Replaced battery this afternoon. It's been cranking weak for a couple weeks and this morning refused to go. OEM battery lasted about 9 years, :) but first replacement only about 15 months. 😡 Diehard ain't what it used to be, apparently now low grade junk. So kicked that to the curb and put in new DuraLast Gold, we'll see how that holds up. 🤷‍♂️

Learned how to open the filler door. Man, I looked every conceivable place for a release lever (like in my CX5), then I decided to press on on it... bingo! :LOL: Also a quick wash.

Back