What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Did any of you have any problems installing your front mud flaps? My rear ones went on without a problem. I have already tried increasing the size of the holes on the mud flaps in order to make it easier to put the push pin rivets in. I don't believe the rivets are actually catching onto anything. As you can see in this picture I'm not currently able to get them on tight enough. Despite that the rivets are pushed in fully. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
2014-05-281910341_zpsc3631268.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a couple of plugs from Ace and installed them in the front bumper holes.

I just came in from installing my eBay mud flap specials. Except for the instructions being in New Chinese and German there was no real problem. Because of shipping I did have to put some pressure on to get the clips in.

Had alpine SPS 610's install today. Sounds much better than stock speakers.

Last edited:
Yesterday: installed OEM soft cargo mat, treated all plastic trim, exterior and interior, with 303. Today: picked up OEM cargo tray, black moving blanket to keep in the cargo area for oversized items, and OEM roof rails in preparation for Thule AeroBars. Since I use my vehicles as sort of enclosed pickups, I tend to be a little rough on interiors. I'm determined to keep this one looking good by covering things.

Just got off the phone with the GM of the dealer we bought the car from. He is going to provide us with a replacement bumper from the next one they get in (with no holes!), I asked to remove/install the parts on my car and he agreed. Plus we are getting a $50 gas card from them. Even though they are a little distance away, it's nice to find a dealer who actually wants to take care of things.

Just got off the phone with the GM of the dealer we bought the car from. He is going to provide us with a replacement bumper from the next one they get in (with no holes!), I asked to remove/install the parts on my car and he agreed. Plus we are getting a $50 gas card from them. Even though they are a little distance away, it's nice to find a dealer who actually wants to take care of things.
Thats a nice dealer.

every1 is getting the same wheel lol. i'll have to change up when my tires are due

First bath today. Took me almost as long to dry as it did to wash.

I was thinking the same thing. It holds a lot of water in the mirror, door sills, etc. Definitely more surface area than I'm used to. Washing/drying the roof was a PITA.

God made a nice little Rubbermaid step stool too.(boom08) I have one in my garage, it's handy-dandy. Thanks to whoever invented it.
Hmm, I prefer my 23+ year old little tikes stepstool that came with the matching toybox :) (lol apparently these "vintage" stepstools are selling for $20 used on ebay, and the toybox is selling for good $ too lol)

stool_furniture_step_tikes_childrens-fp-c6fd9745c867f3563f3bd9922cd710e8.jpg

little-tikes-toy-box-40-king-george-americanlisted_22255421.jpg

^ Guess they don't make them like that anymore, pretty cool.

Mine got rained on today for the first time. Auto wipers work pretty well - once you have the selector lever in the correct position.

Use a leaf blower. Problem solved. The pros use a similar method. Hopefully you used a 2-bucket method to wash. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back