What have you done to your CX-5 today?

CX-5 got its first oil change today, including a Navi update (MSP42) which includes radio firmware ...maybe a USB fix? I'm going to find out in a few minutes.

Also ordered Hidden Hitch 2" opening and a Thule Helium Aero 2 bike rack.

TH9042_0243_1000.jpg

For $2 I will certainly give it a try. What method do you use to apply it?
Wet the tip as best you can, then sprinkle the powder on a wet terry rag (facecloth) and scrub the entire surface of the tip. Rinse off residue and dry tip.

I use blue magic metal polish available at walmart auto zone etc. It works very well.

Picked up this beauty today:

14082924820_c312cca83f_c.jpg

Everything is good, except the morons in Service put on a front license plate despite being told specifically not to by the salesman (Ohio has front plates, KY does not). He's going to check with them on Monday to see about body colored plugs. Just got through doing some setup stuff (Bluetooth, Homelink), still lots to go but damn does this thing have a lot of electronic stuff on it.

Picked up this beauty today:Everything is good, except the morons in Service put on a front license plate despite being told specifically not to by the salesman (Ohio has front plates, KY does not). He's going to check with them on Monday to see about body colored plugs. Just got through doing some setup stuff (Bluetooth, Homelink), still lots to go but damn does this thing have a lot of electronic stuff on it.
Any good hardware store sells ABS plugs in various sizes. Get a small one that approximates the size of the hole they drilled, stick it in and paint it with Mazda touch-up paint. That's what I did and it's hardly noticeable.

Any good hardware store sells ABS plugs in various sizes. Get a small one that approximates the size of the hole they drilled, stick it in and paint it with Mazda touch-up paint. That's what I did and it's hardly noticeable.

I know, just going to wait and see what the dealer has first.

Installed a set of Freeway Blaster horns (like the old Fiamms) and replaced the air filter with the JBR drop-in cleanable replacement (thanks to Chris_Top_Her).

Checked my tire pressures, they were all 40-41 psi. This despite the checklist I was given saying it was checked/set to the door tag as part of vehicle prep. They are all set properly now.

I just installed a mesh guard for the radiator using zip ties and some gutter guard from the dollar store. Odds are I will replace the plastic gutter guard with a metal one eventually. I'm still trying to find a more secure way to hold the mesh down. It's fine on the right side, but the left side is not being held down as well. Total cost = $1.50

bf8bf740-fe84-413e-865e-9bf7228975c3_zpsec35429f.jpg

2014-05-27071325_zps6e390a73.jpg

2014-05-27071342_zps877fa8e1.jpg

2014-05-27071349_zpsf7ce7e32.jpg

Picked up this beauty today:

Everything is good, except the morons in Service put on a front license plate despite being told specifically not to by the salesman (Ohio has front plates, KY does not). He's going to check with them on Monday to see about body colored plugs. Just got through doing some setup stuff (Bluetooth, Homelink), still lots to go but damn does this thing have a lot of electronic stuff on it.

Picked up my CX-5 Saturday. Spent all weekend programming the durn thing - Homelink, Bluetooth, AM/FM/Sirius. Mine also has the remote start - another learning curve.

I also took advantage of V-LEDS Memorial Day sale and ordered some 6K LED bulbs for the interior, rear license and front fogs.

Last edited:
Checked my tire pressures, they were all 40-41 psi. This despite the checklist I was given saying it was checked/set to the door tag as part of vehicle prep. They are all set properly now.

Mine were high (39psi on all 4) as well. Either their gauge is messed up, or they just didn't deflate them properly before delivery.

Went to have my mirror shake tsb addressed and after the fix my mirror wouldn't adjust down they are fixin it now

Just out of curiosity, what are people considering "mirror shake"? I have a bit of vibration at highway speeds in the mirror itself (nothing too dramatic, just enough so that the mirror image is vibrating a bit), but the housing appears to be solid. It doesn't bother me at all, I'm just wondering if the problem people are reporting is more severe than this.

I just had my mirror serviced today, changed my oil with moly (was a b**** to get the filter off; guess I tightened to much last time) and most importantly, got rid of that creaking sound. I thought it was coming from the front but it was my sway bar. lowered the rear subframe and lubed it real good, along with lubing the other s*** too.
oh edit while I solved that (and relubing that sway bar made it perform better than ever before, now that it has free swing movement) I noticed what MAY be a small crack on the rear diff.. it might just be some surface thing but I'm definitely gonna let someone look at it. because there are 2 like it near each other.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back