What have you done to your 2010+ Mazda3 today?

Yeah man, I'm very happy. Its a toss up honestly though. The interior was hands down better in the MS3, and the MS3 had more powa. But the body styling and drivetrain is better on the WRX. The options were pretty comparable too. No Xenon headlights, no Sirius. But got a sunroof, homelink, tinted windows, short shifter, awd, clear bra, and cold weather package (heated mirrors, and windshield wipers - pretty cool option considering the amount of ice and snow we get here) with the WRX. Still have the CX-7 though, so I'll still be trolling the forum.

Nice but what prompted the move in the first place?

Scheduled an appt for the 15K service, $33 + tax and I don't have to change the oil in the cold. :)

What prompted the move is the simple fact that I've always wanted a WRX. I wanted an AWD platform from which to build a fun daily driver. I LOVED my MS3, but the AWD was the main attraction.

Gotcha and understandable, wish you the best of luck with it.

Swapped the snow tires on after I got home from work. Can someone remind me why I bought wheels with a dual lug pattern?

I traded in my 03 Civic and purchased a 2012 Speed 3 2 days ago. Loving it so far and I'll be giving it a thorough wash tomorrow. Colour is velocity red and I absolutely LOVE this car!

On the way to pick up my daughter at a friends house earlier I thought I'd pull over on the shoulder of a back road to snap a night pic of the LED 3rd brake light I installed earlier tonight. I put the car in P and wedge the handle of my floor jack between the brake pedal and seat cushion and as I'm ready to take the pic I see headlights coming from the rear. As I'm standing there waiting for them to pass, I realize they are slowing down...probably thinking I need help. Wouldn't you know it...it was a township cop! He asked if everything was ok and when I told him what I was doing, he chuckled and told me to be safe before getting back into his cruiser and driving off.

Here you go Nate...quality isn't the greatest since I took it with my cell phone.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes, was my second thought after taking a step back to look at the finished product (first thought was....looks good). My third thought was 'how the hell do I explain to the wife that it's a necessity that I tint her tails'? haha

blends the car lights to make a uniformed look, and doesnt confuse the driver behind the car, which could cause them to forget to brake. :p

That blue looks good. Is that a factory mazda wing? It looks good on the car. Any other plans for it?

No, I got the wing from sportwing.com for $177 painted and shipped to my door. The dealer wanted $450. Looking at some 18" wheels and tires this summer.

blends the car lights to make a uniformed look, and doesnt confuse the driver behind the car, which could cause them to forget to brake. :p

Hmmmmmm....lol

No, I got the wing from sportwing.com for $177 painted and shipped to my door. The dealer wanted $450. Looking at some 18" wheels and tires this summer.

Nice buy, can't beat that price painted and shipped. Since you are going with 18's, any plans to lower it to reduce the wheel gap?

Blue - Dropped her off last Thursday to get the blown RF door speaker replaced under warranty. Tonight I noticed that now the LF speaker seems to be on the way out.

well, tomorrow ill be trading my '11 speed3 for a '12 skyactiv because i decided to go back to school

Washed her and looked at the tail lights....thinking about some smoked vinyl to help them blend a bit better. Afterwards, I added some new custom vinyl to the cargo box. BIG thanks to Jackelope!!!! Since we go to Myrtle Beach on vaca every year he did some custom work with Domo chilling under the palm tree. :D

Daughters side of the car....obviously she's a dancer and for whatever reason she has a fascination with dinosaurs and squirrels
attachment.php

attachment.php

Sons side....he's a brickhead
attachment.php

Attachments

• Cargo Box Vinyl.jpg
    Cargo Box Vinyl.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 671
  • Cargo Box Vinyl1.jpg
    Cargo Box Vinyl1.jpg
    657.8 KB · Views: 683
  • Cargo Box Vinyl2.jpg