What did I do???

90210brandon

Contributor
I don't know what I did today. The story is below:

The stop light goes green, I need to pass a car and rev the engine to 6000rpm (no more, no less and I have reved the engine many times to the redline but never beyond it) and then I lose some power.

The car starts to sound like I am running on 3 cylinders. At this point, I notice a big puff a blue smoke out the back. I scream, of course but I didn't squeal like a little gurl...

I pull over turn the car off, open the hood and there is no smoke or anything in the engine compartment (besides the engine, smart ass). It looks like it always has...dirty.

I jumped back in the car to see if it would turn over but it wouldn't.

I need your opinions. HELP, please (group)

Sounds like the rotating assembly lost a key piece.

That's a great way to say it!

When you say it sounded like the car was running on 3 cylinders...what exactly does that sound like? Was it making clattering noises? How is your oil level?

I need your opinions.

You are screwed.

Sorry.

There is most likely a new motor in your future. Before installing it, be sure the mechanic figures out why the last one blew up. 6K is high (and completely uncalled for at a stop light unless there is semi bearing down on you) but probably it was just the last straw. Odds are you were already low on oil, your oil pan had cracked, your oil pump was failing, or something along those lines. Unless this car was a turbo, in which case you just joined the Zoom Zoom BOOM club.

When you say it sounded like the car was running on 3 cylinders...what exactly does that sound like? Was it making clattering noises? How is your oil level?

Thanks....feel sorry for the guy. How many miles?????? Or was this car never taken care of?

I recommend sourcing something privately of course....if you go to a mazda dealer this will be you...and you ain't pitching (butthump)

It wasn't making any noises except sounding like it was running rough. The oil was fine before because I just change it.

Thanks....feel sorry for the guy. How many miles?????? Or was this car never taken care of?

I recommend sourcing something privately of course....if you go to a mazda dealer this will be you...and you ain't pitching (butthump)

THanks. The car has 189k kms (~110k miles) on it. I am the original owner and drove it off the lot with 8km on day one. I am scared. I love the car.

It wasn't making any noises except sounding like it was running rough. The oil was fine before because I just change it.

Did you literally just change the oil? If so, did you put the filter and drain plug (and washer) on correctly after the oil change? I'm assuming you would have got a low oil warning light if you hadn't, but when things go wrong immediately after having done something to the car, such as an oil change, it's always best to look back at what you had just done.

In any case, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and hope they can be resolved quickly and without too much financial pain!

Cheers,

J

It's cause you left Calgary Dion! Karma got you! ;)

Seriously though that sucks, we need more details. Was it liek a loud bang, a clang, or a thud?

It's cause you left Calgary Dion! Karma got you! ;)

Seriously though that sucks, we need more details. Was it liek a loud bang, a clang, or a thud?

Hey Maxx CPC 4ever!

There was no noise, what so ever. I noticed it running rough and a big cloud of blue smoke coming out the back, that's it. I didn't notice any noise. Maybe I became deaf when I left Cowtown too...

So now it's dead in the water? Won't run at all? Pull the plugs, see which one is soaked in oil, do a comp. check on that cyl. Report findings.

You are screwed.

Sorry.

There is most likely a new motor in your future. Before installing it, be sure the mechanic figures out why the last one blew up. 6K is high (and completely uncalled for at a stop light unless there is semi bearing down on you) but probably it was just the last straw. Odds are you were already low on oil, your oil pan had cracked, your oil pump was failing, or something along those lines. Unless this car was a turbo, in which case you just joined the Zoom Zoom BOOM club.
pfft 6k isnt high. 7250 is high :p. and it sounds like a typical fsde oil system failure

So now it's dead in the water? Won't run at all? Pull the plugs, see which one is soaked in oil, do a comp. check on that cyl. Report findings.
It's not dead per say. I still turns over but whines like on of the cylinders is dead.

But thanks for the ideas...I'll have that done.

Latest posts

Back