US 2007 Mazdaspeed3 and Mazda3

KanseiZM said:
^^^ it greatly reduced the ugliness of the 3 IMO so yeah. It's also because like the 6 I'm sure there's ducting to direct air to the top mount intercooler.

Ain't that that truth re: looks of the 3 vs. MS3. The only thing I can't get used to on the MS3 grille/bumper is the long, rectangular rubbery-looking piece. I kinda looks like somebody smacked it in the mouth and gave it a fat upper lip.

Purported MS3 Prices, Too Good to Be True?

From another forum:

Mazdaspeed3 pricing effective July 24th sent to dealers:

Sport: $22,240
Grand Touring: $23,955

Just great! my local San Jose MAzda dealer doesnt know anything about the car. The sales man i talked to didnt even know that they only came in manual. He said he will call me as soon as he hears when theyre gonna get an order put in and recieved. Yeah right. Ill know about a month before he does i bet. Oh well welcome to Mazdas salespeople.

That has nothing to do with this thread. Please start a new thread for your question.

Not loving the new 2007 titanium dash inserts

mikeyb said:
Refreshed 2007 Mazda3 unveiled
New York, New York - Mazda unveiled an updated and revised version of the Mazda3 and Mazda3 Sport at the 2006 Greater New York International Auto Show. The Mazda3 is the company's best-selling vehicle in North America.

Both the Mazda3 (sedan) and Mazda3 Sport (hatchback) have a more athletic look. Common features for both the Mazda3 GT trim and Mazda3 Sport include a body-colour front grille and a redesigned front bumper with square fog lamps. The Mazda3 GT now employs LED Hanabi-style lights for the rear combination lamps. In addition, 16- and 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels on both models have been redesigned.

Inside, both the Mazda3 and Mazda3 Sport now have upgraded audio systems with auxiliary audio input and 12-volt power outlets standard for all models. For occupant protection, front dual airbags, side airbags and side curtain airbags are standard.
07mazda3_1.jpg

07mazda3_2.jpg

07mazda3_3.jpg

2007 Mazdaspeed3 makes N.A. debut
New York, New York - The new Mazdaspeed3, which made its world premiere at the 2006 Geneva International Motor Show, made its North American debut at the New York International Auto Show.
With its compact, lightweight body and horsepower targeted to exceed 250 HP from its turbocharged 2.3-litre DISI (Direct Injection Spark Ignition) four-cylinder engine, the Mazdaspeed3 will be one of the highest performance sports compacts with front-wheel drive (FWD) on the road. The 2007 Mazdaspeed3 will also feature a six-speed manual transmission, four-wheel disc brakes with ABS, and a tuned suspension. It will arrive in Canadian dealerships this Summer.
07mazdaspeed3_1.jpg

07mazdaspeed3_2.jpg

(attn) Just added...The Official MS3 site on MazdaUSA.com is UP!
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=upcomingMS3

* Antoine here...Here are the US MS3 specs:

MAZDASPEED3 SPECIFICATIONS
External Dimensions
Overall length w/license plate holder (mm) 4490
Overall width (mm) 1765
Overall height (mm) 1465
Wheelbase (mm) 2640
Front Tread (mm) 1535
Rear Tread (mm) 1525
Engine Type Inline 4-cylinder, DOHC turbo petrol
Displacement (cm3) 2260
Bore x stroke (mm) 87.5 x 94.0
Valves 4 per cylinder
Max. power* (hp) more than 250hp
Max. torque* (lb-ft) about 280 at 3000 rpm
Transmission 6-speed manual
Gear Ratios
1st 3.538
2nd 2.238
3rd 1.535
4th 1.171
5th 1.085
6th 0.853
Final drive ratio (1st - 4th) 3.941
Final drive ratio (5th 6th) 3.350
Reverse 3.831
Suspension and Wheels
Front suspension MacPherson Independent struts
Rear suspension Independent Multi-link
Wheel size 187J
Tire size 215/45R18 93Y
Brakes
Type front Ventilated discs
Type rear Solid discs
Diameter front (mm) 320
Diameter rear (mm) 280
* Mazda targets subject to change upon homologation

wongpres edit:
US-spec Mazdaspeed3 trims & features: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2507085&postcount=224
US-spec '07 Mazda3 trims & features: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2481834&postcount=188

This thread applies to US-spec only, for Canadian-spec see Canadian thread: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123632034

I went to bring my Mazda 5 in for it's 15,000 miles service this am and my dealer had about 10 different 2007 Mazda3's in stock. I was sad to see that Mazda has dropped the really nice leather shift knob from the 2007 in favor for a rubber version. What really disappointed me was the center dash area now uses titanium-colored panels arounmd the radio and Climate controls. It wouldn't be so bad if the entire console was done in titanium, but only the center portion (below the radaio mode selection controls and above the air recirculation controls) is Titanium while the buttons and knobs are still black.(ughdance)

This effectively gives the dash a very pieced together look- as if Mazda forgot to order the buttons and areas around the buttons in Titanium.

I'm guessing the Mazdaspeed3 will have the same treatment. If so it will be the third strike against me considering the car (suinroof and hatch being the other two strikes)

What's even more annoying is that Mazda did add some nice features including the aforementioned line-in socket for an iPod and an extra 12 volt socket. Both of which are located in the center console cubby.

I'm guessing that the dash pieces could be replaced with black versions since the "i" models still use the black inserts.

Not loving Titanium inserts in 2007 Mazda3 interior

mikeyb said:
New York, New York - Mazda unveiled an updated and revised version of the Mazda3 and Mazda3 Sport at the 2006 Greater New York International Auto Show. The Mazda3 is the company's best-selling vehicle in North America.

Both the Mazda3 (sedan) and Mazda3 Sport (hatchback) have a more athletic look. Common features for both the Mazda3 GT trim and Mazda3 Sport include a body-colour front grille and a redesigned front bumper with square fog lamps. The Mazda3 GT now employs LED Hanabi-style lights for the rear combination lamps. In addition, 16- and 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels on both models have been redesigned.

Inside, both the Mazda3 and Mazda3 Sport now have upgraded audio systems with auxiliary audio input and 12-volt power outlets standard for all models. For occupant protection, front dual airbags, side airbags and side curtain airbags are standard.
07mazda3_1.jpg

07mazda3_2.jpg

07mazda3_3.jpg

New York, New York - The new Mazdaspeed3, which made its world premiere at the 2006 Geneva International Motor Show, made its North American debut at the New York International Auto Show.
With its compact, lightweight body and horsepower targeted to exceed 250 HP from its turbocharged 2.3-litre DISI (Direct Injection Spark Ignition) four-cylinder engine, the Mazdaspeed3 will be one of the highest performance sports compacts with front-wheel drive (FWD) on the road. The 2007 Mazdaspeed3 will also feature a six-speed manual transmission, four-wheel disc brakes with ABS, and a tuned suspension. It will arrive in Canadian dealerships this Summer.
07mazdaspeed3_1.jpg

07mazdaspeed3_2.jpg

External Dimensions
Overall width (mm) 1765
Overall height (mm) 1465
Wheelbase (mm) 2640
Front Tread (mm) 1535
Rear Tread (mm) 1525
Displacement (cm3) 2260
Valves 4 per cylinder
Gear Ratios
1st 3.538
2nd 2.238
3rd 1.535
4th 1.171
5th 1.085
6th 0.853
Reverse 3.831
Suspension and Wheels
Wheel size 187J
Tire size 215/45R18 93Y
Brakes
Type rear Solid discs
Diameter front (mm) 320
Diameter rear (mm) 280

wongpres edit:
US-spec Mazdaspeed3 trims & features: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2507085&postcount=224
US-spec '07 Mazda3 trims & features: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2481834&postcount=188

This thread applies to US-spec only, for Canadian-spec see Canadian thread: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123632034

I went to bring my Mazda 5 in for it's 15,000 miles service this am and my dealer had about 10 different 2007 Mazda3's in stock. I was sad to see that Mazda has dropped the really nice leather shift knob from the 2007 Grand Touring model in favor for a rubber version. What really disappointed me was the center dash area now uses titanium-colored panels around the radio and Climate controls. It wouldn't be so bad if the entire console was done in titanium, but only the center portion (below the radaio mode selection controls and above the air recirculation controls) is Titanium while the buttons and knobs are still black.(ughdance)

This effectively gives the dash a very pieced together, cheap look- as if Mazda forgot to order the buttons and areas around the buttons in Titanium.

I'm guessing the Mazdaspeed3 will have the same treatment. If so it will be the third strike against it and one more reason for me not to consider it.(suinroof and hatch being the other two strikes)

What's even more annoying is that Mazda did add some NICE features including the aforementioned line-in socket for an iPod and an extra 12 volt socket. Both of which are located in the center console cubby.

I'm guessing that the dash pieces could be replaced with black versions since the "i" models still use the black inserts. Still why couldn't they leave well enough alone?(pissed)

Mazda3 said:
I love the titanium trim, looks way better than the 06 model.

It wouldn't be a big deal if the ENTIRE center console was Titanium. But the mixture of black and Titanium looks messy.

Antonio DiMarco said:
It wouldn't be a big deal if the ENTIRE center console was Titanium. But the mixture of black and Titanium looks messy.

The contrast between the two colors makes the whole look. The cosmetic details on vehicles are always personal choice, everyone likes something a little different. The two tone look dresses it up more for me, its looks sloppy to you. There are probably lots of people on this board who would agree with both opinions. They wanted to make some small inexpensive changes without redsigning, I think the change was good. We had an 04 and now have an 06 Mazda 3. I would have welcomed the changes on the 07, but we got to good of deal on the 06 to wait. :)

idk if it has been posted here in this thread but i have the total price on the sports and the gt model;
Cloke said:
Well, I see from the mazdausa.com site that they have a price on the MS3 now, if Im reposting i sorry but it's new to me and its my thread. I see the price is starting at $22,835. now I know thats the sports model so whats the price of the GT? Maybe bumping the price about 2 or 3k? As we see Canada may be getting them in 10 so called days. So target date for Americans is early October...

::EDIT::
Just talked with the dealer and they gave me the price for the GT model. $24,590. They showed me the price on a silver MS3 GT thats coming in. ("There's a buzz about them and they are going to sell out fast")

I recommend that if you don't have your deposit down yet ($500) to hold onto it at the dealership.

Very Pretty!

Iwant one......

(first)
mikeyb said:

07mazda3_1.jpg

07mazda3_2.jpg

07mazda3_3.jpg

07mazdaspeed3_1.jpg

07mazdaspeed3_2.jpg

External Dimensions
Overall width (mm) 1765
Overall height (mm) 1465
Wheelbase (mm) 2640
Front Tread (mm) 1535
Rear Tread (mm) 1525
Displacement (cm3) 2260
Valves 4 per cylinder
Gear Ratios
1st 3.538
2nd 2.238
3rd 1.535
4th 1.171
5th 1.085
6th 0.853
Reverse 3.831
Suspension and Wheels
Wheel size 187J
Tire size 215/45R18 93Y
Brakes
Type rear Solid discs
Diameter front (mm) 320
Diameter rear (mm) 280

wongpres edit:

This is just the start... Just woke up a little bit ago and figured a few snapshots were in order

The real fun ones to come when i get the chance =)

for now enjoy

284631381_39e0e23821_b.jpg

284631546_2a54ab23f2_b.jpg

284631210_f64c3b2917_b.jpg

284631048_f437d3e6de_b.jpg

284630919_18af035afc_b.jpg

284630749_0a0ddd8029_b.jpg

284630588_edd372898f_b.jpg

282333376_f2f954271d_b.jpg

nate0123 said:
^ I like that color ^
is that a charcoal or a blue?

are the Speed3's a limited run, numbered and what not like the MP3s and MSPs were?

ZoomVT said:
wow...

that took my breath away..... im serious.... wow....

That's the Cosmic Blue GT.

Man this car is a total beast. It's just so exciting to drive and it's CRAZY FAST! Handling is phenomenal as well.

The mazdaspeed3 is limited to a 5,000 production run for 2007.

To me that's a good thing cause it makes this care more exclusive =)

Back