US 2007 Mazdaspeed3 and Mazda3

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
Refreshed 2007 Mazda3 unveiled
New York, New York - Mazda unveiled an updated and revised version of the Mazda3 and Mazda3 Sport at the 2006 Greater New York International Auto Show. The Mazda3 is the company's best-selling vehicle in North America.

Both the Mazda3 (sedan) and Mazda3 Sport (hatchback) have a more athletic look. Common features for both the Mazda3 GT trim and Mazda3 Sport include a body-colour front grille and a redesigned front bumper with square fog lamps. The Mazda3 GT now employs LED Hanabi-style lights for the rear combination lamps. In addition, 16- and 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels on both models have been redesigned.

Inside, both the Mazda3 and Mazda3 Sport now have upgraded audio systems with auxiliary audio input and 12-volt power outlets standard for all models. For occupant protection, front dual airbags, side airbags and side curtain airbags are standard.
07mazda3_1.jpg

07mazda3_2.jpg

07mazda3_3.jpg

2007 Mazdaspeed3 makes N.A. debut
New York, New York - The new Mazdaspeed3, which made its world premiere at the 2006 Geneva International Motor Show, made its North American debut at the New York International Auto Show.
With its compact, lightweight body and horsepower targeted to exceed 250 HP from its turbocharged 2.3-litre DISI (Direct Injection Spark Ignition) four-cylinder engine, the Mazdaspeed3 will be one of the highest performance sports compacts with front-wheel drive (FWD) on the road. The 2007 Mazdaspeed3 will also feature a six-speed manual transmission, four-wheel disc brakes with ABS, and a tuned suspension. It will arrive in Canadian dealerships this Summer.
07mazdaspeed3_1.jpg

07mazdaspeed3_2.jpg

(attn) Just added...The Official MS3 site on MazdaUSA.com is UP!
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=upcomingMS3

* Antoine here...Here are the US MS3 specs:

MAZDASPEED3 SPECIFICATIONS
External Dimensions
Overall length w/license plate holder (mm) 4490
Overall width (mm) 1765
Overall height (mm) 1465
Wheelbase (mm) 2640
Front Tread (mm) 1535
Rear Tread (mm) 1525
Engine Type Inline 4-cylinder, DOHC turbo petrol
Displacement (cm3) 2260
Bore x stroke (mm) 87.5 x 94.0
Valves 4 per cylinder
Max. power* (hp) more than 250hp
Max. torque* (lb-ft) about 280 at 3000 rpm
Transmission 6-speed manual
Gear Ratios
1st 3.538
2nd 2.238
3rd 1.535
4th 1.171
5th 1.085
6th 0.853
Final drive ratio (1st - 4th) 3.941
Final drive ratio (5th 6th) 3.350
Reverse 3.831
Suspension and Wheels
Front suspension MacPherson Independent struts
Rear suspension Independent Multi-link
Wheel size 187J
Tire size 215/45R18 93Y
Brakes
Type front Ventilated discs
Type rear Solid discs
Diameter front (mm) 320
Diameter rear (mm) 280
* Mazda targets subject to change upon homologation

wongpres edit:
US-spec Mazdaspeed3 trims & features: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2507085&postcount=224
US-spec '07 Mazda3 trims & features: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2481834&postcount=188

This thread applies to US-spec only, for Canadian-spec see Canadian thread: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123632034

Last edited by a moderator:
Soome good features.

I'm not feeling the wheels on the non-'Speed cars, though. Ick.

Will have to check out the speed this summer.... perhaps it will be time to upgrade..

I'm lovin' the MS3 in the second pic.....Besides the clean look, it has a nice lowered stance. And the wheels dont look half bad either :) These should sell very fast.

I think the speed looks good, the wheels on the standard models are pretty ugly though.

Last edited:
RHAGEL said:
I'm interested to see the new features on the standard models and price of the MS3. The wheels on the hatch are hideous.
Seriously. I don't know what they were thinking with those wheels...just give me a nice clean 5 spoke design. The wheels on the MS3 look nice though.

i think the update to the regular 3's looks weird. I like the original look much better

Which is the Speed? None of them look very different from the current one. And have they given any indication of output/drivetrain for the speed?

Tito1 said:
Which is the Speed? None of them look very different from the current one. And have they given any indication of output/drivetrain for the speed?
the speed is the red hatch. the main differences I see with the refresh for standard models is grille/bumper/wheels.

as for the ms3 output, FWD - more than 250hp and 280 tq

i really really dislike the tan interior. and i dont like the new grill on the 4-door
it reminds me of old proteges (nothing against them) but i liked the newer grill much better.
blah

It is going to be hard to choose between the re-freshed 3 as a Five-door Touring versus the new VW Rabbit for me. The pretension ass in me still wants the VW even though I know it will not be as reliable as the 3.

ZoomVT said:
i really really dislike the tan interior. and i dont like the new grill on the 4-door
it reminds me of old proteges (nothing against them) but i liked the newer grill much better.
blah
maybe they will do the same thing they do with the grilles on the sedans now. The i has that grille shown on the sedan, and the s will have a colormatched one similar to the hatch. who knows

Back