Under drive Pulleys????

As for underdrive pulleys, they will provide gains across the power band. You can expect gains from about 2 to 5 hp. I common problem with pulleys is that people complain of not being able to feel it on the butt dyno. The reason for this is it is not in one area of the power band, but across the entire band, so there is no sudden kick in the pants type feel at any given point, but fear not, the gains are there however small and they will show on the dyno.

Esslinger - www.zetecracing.com
Af/x - http://www.afxmfg.com/
if they will work cool i might get one. but just to let you guys know NEVER ASK WHICH ONE IS BETTER. ther have been 100 page long posts on ZX2.com and focaljet.com arguing over which one is better. they both give about the same performance. it really depends on looks and opinion.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: freekwonder ]

If anyone finds out about the ford pulleys let us know!!!!!! I will definately get them. That is one of the easiest installs to do. Just take your time. Let us know!!!!!

If you are wondering how much hp the unothordox crank pulleys will give u well here's the site www.Spiderautomotive.com and www.modacar.com, one of the sites said:
90-94 323/Protege's hp gain 12-14
92-95 MX-3's hp gain 12-14
93-96 MX-6's hp gain 13-16
90-97 Mx-5's hp gain 9-14
93-95 Rx-7's non/turbo hp gain 16-23
well since the 99-00 protege use 1.8l DOHC engine the 2.0 MP3 will either pump out the 323/protege's hp or the MX-5 miata's hp with pulley's alone i'm not saying it's true but hopefully it'll be around there.

well guys... I have the appointment with Unorthodox this tuesday... so I'll let u guys know how it went... hopefully the gains are worth it... They told it I should expect 6- 8 hp at the wheel... so that sounds worth it...

Yikes, that's a pretty large gain for just some pulleys! I hope it's true, but I'm a little skeptical.

Oh yeah tell us what happens at Unorthoox! I'm definitely interested, but I am more interested in the accessory pulleys (because they only make those pulleys lightweight and do not underdrive them ie. changing pulley diameters).

Just accessory pulleys probably won't make much of an hp gain (probably half of what the fulle set will do), but I am afraid of lightweight crank pulleys because of the whole 'harmonic balancer' thing...some of ou might know what I'm talking about... :confused:

it depends on the harmonic balancer. i know all the Zetec engines are internally balanced so they dont have one. i think im going to call corksport tomorrow and ask them.

well guys... Unorthodox finished using my MP3 as a guinea pig and they are going to make the pulleys for our cars...they said it would ready in a month or so... By then they will install it on my car and guess we'll have to wait again ... They had a replica engine of a Ford focus engine in their shop and they already made the cam gears and pulley for it... They were surprise to see that our engines were very similiar to the focus engine... If you read the article in this month or last months issue of Sports Compact , you will see that the Ford Focus and a Nissan 240sx or sentra... both used pulleys from Unorthodox and produced gains... ALso the guys from Unorthodox told me the gains will be across the power band... He also mentioned the price will match that of the pulley made for the MX-6...check their website www.unorthodoxracing.com

How much $ and HP are we talking here? Start a new thread when they're ready. And do a before/after dyno.

Sorry guys... I just emailed them today and I'm waiting for their reply... Don't worry I'm just as anxious and I can't wait to have it installed... I'll keep yah updated... :)

If you go on thier website the STREET CRANKSHAFT UNDERDRIVE PULLEY is developed i dont know where to buy it though...that is my next misson..to find a dlr or order it on the phone..get beack to everyone when i hear tha word

you said they had a focus engine there? you should have them check out the focus cam gears and compare them to your MP3. if they are the same we can use focus cam gears. sorry off topic.

Duckie,

Your HID's, how much were they, and where did you get them? Are you able to use your brights?

wells...let's just say they were a "hot" item and yea..i can't use my high beams anymore... but it doesn't matter because the HID just are so bright and they light up the whole road... awesome...

Back