***Turbo Performance Works Piggy Back Info***

Nick (perfworks)...Please DO NOT post identical threads all over the site...your threads have been merged into this one.

Good Evening All

Perf, I am interested but I first have to get a MSP.

I have a suggestion, if you have a website you could make some downloadable maps for popular mods available for a small fee.

Example.

If I received a unit programed for a stock MSP and later I decide to go with a 3" DP and exhaust and 9psi I could download a map and be done.

When I had my WRX in Jamaica the Link EMU I installed was able to do that. Thank God because I tried doing it myself and I screwed it up big time.

Will your unit also control the boost based off RPM? With the Link I was able to run 22psi from 3K-5.5K and then drop back to 16 psi to redline.

I would respectfully ask that when tuning this on Joe P's car that he remove his "FP reducer" to give the most accurate tune possible for guys like me that don't have one!
I would also ask that you tune his car with his MBC removed, and again with it installed at 10psi, again to get the most accurate tune.
Once that is done, I will buy one!
And I think I will venture into the world of tuning via laptop...
yikes! could be fun!!!!

I'm sure this takes care of timing on the MP3, but does that mean it just resets the timing to that of a regular Protege, or do I still have my MP3 timing until boost? Not sure how you're controlling the timing.

But, an inline pump will still be needed (due to the stock injector size = small)? The FMU can go right? And the O2 signal modifier.

Anything you can do to eliminate CEL from O2 sensors and EGR plugs? The standalone obviously addressses that one, but how about yours?

If it all works, I'm very interested as well. My tuning "goal" is just 1 bar of pressure (but not necessary every day). So, this would fulfill the need and the cash output is much lower than Stage 4. If there is a GB, count me in. If no GB, still probably count me in.

P.S. Kooldino. . .you gonna watch this? Love to hear your thoughts.

Hey Nick,,,

I could benefit from this! Will this work for me..I would need the device to retard the timing while i am shooting..and advance it when i am not!!

I am willing to be the test dummy for the Nitrous Guys!!

I want to do a 75 shot..I am running a 50..

chas

Perfworks,

Good job.. but why can it only handle high impedence injectors and not low impedence? Can it handle low impedence injectors with the addition of a resistor pack?

b_real45 said:
Perfworks,

Good job.. but why can it only handle high impedence injectors and not low impedence? Can it handle low impedence injectors with the addition of a resistor pack?

The stoc njectors are hgh mpedence. Sorry guys a few eys on ths computer don't wor! Not my computer.

Little Beavis said:
(rofl)
nice typing. . .
(rockon)
what's that you say?
(uhm)

Sorry couldn't resist.

it gave me a good laugh too, I saw on linux other post he is using 1 now. very clever.:D

I think that was a slam! :D
Just kidding of course. . .but it would be about a 3.5 when you compare it to the cost of stage 4!
:eek: (omg)

Oh, but did I fail to mention the power of Stage 4!
(laugh)
Yeah baby!

Naw no slam intended. We may offer this "Perf":p computer with our turbo kits as well. It seems like a very nifty device for the price. Not all out like a standalone and not as antiquated as an FMU. A nice happy medium.....good stuff Perf!!:D

Hey, Nick... Just curious, but what's the installation like for these new piggybacks? Just plug and play, or tap and splice? =)

Thanks!

srd555 said:
Good Evening All

Perf, I am interested but I first have to get a MSP.

I have a suggestion, if you have a website you could make some downloadable maps for popular mods available for a small fee.

Example.

If I received a unit programed for a stock MSP and later I decide to go with a 3" DP and exhaust and 9psi I could download a map and be done.

When I had my WRX in Jamaica the Link EMU I installed was able to do that. Thank God because I tried doing it myself and I screwed it up big time.

Will your unit also control the boost based off RPM? With the Link I was able to run 22psi from 3K-5.5K and then drop back to 16 psi to redline.
joe P's website will have all those goodies onced we are done tuning it on his car;)
good idea though.
it will also be a part of my website soon. we are in the construction stage now

Back