The "What mods for a daily driven MSP?" Guide Thread

$600 just for the SMI, Damn thats a little Much ... everything, no matter what it is, is so much more expencive for this car .....

Lack of volume unfortunately. I also agree thats alot for a SMIC. Everything TH makes is expensive though.

The only real reason for smic as mentioned in the guide is if you dont want to take the car apart. If you can go FMIC, and dont mind doing the work its alot better.

Last edited:
So a SMI is better for the car than a FMI ...? If i was to do FMI I would send it to my shop and let them do it, took it apart once wasn't a fan lol

I think he meant to say fmic is better but thats negligible at stock boost and its alot more work but there are alot more cost effective universal fmic options.

Yeah I already have the FMI kit... Just wasn't able to mount the intercooler, so I just have the pipes ran to the stock SMI right now ....

yea sorry i edited it. i meant FMIC. If there was an affordable SMIC, id champion that at stock boost but unfortunately its really pricey.

im going to edit this thread a bit since things have changes so much....most of it rings true but i want to change a bit.

20120203_081024.jpg

terbow i am jealous over your amazingly short piping route.
i am kind of stuck between getting the hks ssqv and recirculating it(but it is an expensive route) or getting the ms3 forge bpv. i would be open to more but am unaware of what other good options there are. i will be getting a piping kit off e bay as well because i want bring my SRI up towards where my FMIC pipe is coming up through the fender there. and i will be bringing the intercooler piping up closer to the engine/tranny. little shorter route and then can put the MAF back on the intake side.

do i need to mount on the hot pipe to be able to recirc?

View attachment 191446

terbow i am jealous over your amazingly short piping route.
i am kind of stuck between getting the hks ssqv and recirculating it(but it is an expensive route) or getting the ms3 forge bpv. i would be open to more but am unaware of what other good options there are. i will be getting a piping kit off e bay as well because i want bring my SRI up towards where my FMIC pipe is coming up through the fender there. and i will be bringing the intercooler piping up closer to the engine/tranny. little shorter route and then can put the MAF back on the intake side.

do i need to mount on the hot pipe to be able to recirc?

ill PM you.

I really wish someone with an msp lives in or near southfield, MI to show me if my vac lines are good heck ill even give gas money

Last edited:
post in the MI section, might find someone

The sensor has a line that runs to the passenger side bottom of the IM, there is a port for it. I thought all FSDE Proteges had that same sensor and setup.

Back