The "What mods for a daily driven MSP?" Guide Thread

^x2 kinda wondering the same. like do we have the gt2554r or the gt2560r? and i guess there are two different 2560's?

I don't know which of those would work, but if I were buying a new turbo it would be Disco Potato all the way, the Gt2554r isn't rebuildable.

I know the urge to try to save $, but if you can't afford to lose your motor, I wouldn't risk it

You'd be better off with a used garrett with 100k miles on it than one of those that you will just be replacing in the near future!

Seriously when a turbo fails it is very very possible for the compressor wheel to abruptly come in contact with the comp housing and send fragments of it into your motor causing much bigger problems than you started with!

I just read a review of a CXRacing T3 turbo, and they basically said don't bash by saying don't buy a knock off. They were impressed with how well built it looked. Couldn't wait to get the turbo on to see how it did. They didn't follow up after that. I looked on his profile and he still has the turbo, but it was rebuilt with Garret internals, so I guess it didn't go so well.

Need Help for my felow mazda friends!
My name is Mark and my car got hit by an old lady running a red light her insurance company only paid 90% of the damages and sence it has been at the shop now it needs more work because some dum ass kid cut out all the rad supports and weakend the front end. I need any used OEM or aftermarket parts for my mazdaspeed protege please help....

check out the for sale section

alright so most might think im stupid for modding a protege es to the speed but i really want to. My question about making it a daily would be, how do i run the coolant lines to the turbo? i would love some pictures to help me out, the thread on how to turbo a na protege didnt really explain it to well. thanks.

alright so most might think im stupid for modding a protege es to the speed but i really want to. My question about making it a daily would be, how do i run the coolant lines to the turbo? i would love some pictures to help me out, the thread on how to turbo a na protege didnt really explain it to well. thanks.

it depends on what kit your using. if your using a MSP kit, then use the MSP parts (it basically has a few different hoses with branches to supply coolant to the turbo off the stock system. if your using a custom kit, you can still use the msp coolant hoses (most specifically the elbow with the extra branches) and put your own fittings. if your using a premade kit, they should supply it (i havent bought a kit in years so im not sure whats availible still).

essentially the MSP kit has 2 hard lines to the turbo and they have different coolant hoses than a stock protege. the J shaped coolant hose on the front right of the engine has the extra branches to accept a line and theres another hose off the side. the hard lines are obviously going to work on a msp turbo manifold since its placement is made for the lines, but if your custom you can use the msp hoses as i said and reroute the lines as needed.

$600 just for the SMI, Damn thats a little Much ... everything, no matter what it is, is so much more expencive for this car .....

Back