Switchblade Keyfob

is it possible to use a popper kit to make the trunk (hatch) pop button work? cause that would be badass!

is it possible to use a popper kit to make the trunk (hatch) pop button work? cause that would be badass!

Ohh yes it would. However a bit of a hazard as well... say for example you're backed into a spot in a parking lot and there is someone parked close behind you. Accidently hitting the button would result in the hatch hitting the other car. That's most probably the reason Mazda didn't include this to begin with...

Matt

Ohh yes it would. However a bit of a hazard as well... say for example you're backed into a spot in a parking lot and there is someone parked close behind you. Accidently hitting the button would result in the hatch hitting the other car. That's most probably the reason Mazda didn't include this to begin with...

Matt

they have SUVs and minivans where the hatch opens automatically...

they have SUVs and minivans where the hatch opens automatically...

most have sensors that wont allow you to open the hatch if youre close to something i believe.

ok, so i need to know this now. i have the return authoritization from the seller. i need to know if this is correct
KPU41788
4238A-41788
ETCO93LP0012
3 Button Remote

if it is ill be mailing my switchblade back monday for the 41788, if not ill be mailing it back for the 4 button 41788. but if the numbers on the 3 button match what prototype5 was saying, then theoretically the remote should work.

Last edited:
most have sensors that wont allow you to open the hatch if youre close to something i believe.

ok, so i need to know this now. i have the return authoritization from the seller. i need to know if this is correct
KPU41788
4238A-41788
ETCO93LP0012
3 Button Remote

if it is ill be mailing my switchblade back monday for the 41788, if not ill be mailing it back for the 4 button 41788. but if the numbers on the 3 button match what prototype5 was saying, then theoretically the remote should work.

Great. Keep us posted!

been following this thread, and have found the remotes with keys already in them and cut for different cars. Does anyone have any info on how to change the key in the remote?

been following this thread, and have found the remotes with keys already in them and cut for different cars. Does anyone have any info on how to change the key in the remote?

Just buy a blank insert and get it cut.

To take it out, just open up the keyfob.

Matt

So now you guys aren't posting any new info. I'm trying to follow all of this. We need input (that I can't give, sorry)!

im still waiting on the correct keyfob. im moving tomorrow so i told the guy to mail the new key to my new address, so hopefully ill get it soon

well i yet again recieved the wrong remote
im about to contact him about the visteon remote
id
kpu41788
4238a-41788
visteon-41788

im waiting info about that before i send the email though.
does the visteon remote work for the protege5? because as far as im aware the visteon is the 4 button. but i could possibly be wrong. i have a friend that just picked up a mazda6 that has the switchblade keyfob. i popped hers open and all the numbers inside match what prototype5 has listed, but its a visteon.
so i just need to know if the visteon works.

Regular P5 is Naldec 41706.

I do not think the Visteon 41788 will work on the frequency for the P5.

The newer cars use a different computer program that accepts a different FCC frequency. You need to figure out how to get the P5 remote board to work inside the new switchblade keyfob.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Have you gone through the programming sequence for a friend's fob?
Will it work?

Regular P5 is Naldec 41706.

I do not think the Visteon 41788 will work on the frequency for the P5.

The newer cars use a different computer program that accepts a different FCC frequency. You need to figure out how to get the P5 remote board to work inside the new switchblade keyfob.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Have you gone through the programming sequence for a friend's fob?
Will it work?

i have not gone through the programming sequence for her remote. i wanna try it though. im just tryin to see if i should tell him to send me a 3 or 4 button this time

Back