Stupid iPod question....

RVC

Ok, so I'm behind the times and just decided today to get an iPod. So I was wondering what cable and where I can get it do I need to plug it into my CX-9? Thanks everyone.

if the cx9 has an auxiliary jack, get an auxiliary cable.

if u want to go a different route, an itrip or, some other form of FM transmitter should work, although itll be buzzy in cities.

RVC said:
Thanks, I have the FM radio shuffle remote already. Can I just get an aux cable anywhere?
Yeah, Its a pretty standard cable. It looks like the attached photo. Just make sure its 3.5mm and Jack to Jack.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. This iPod thing is new to me I always said I will not give in and get one but I got a good deal so why not! Thanks.

I said I wouldn't buy into one either, but it has been a great useful item. Usse it at the gym, running, etc. Dumped most of my music on it and traded my cd's in for cash.

I dumped my entire music collection (over 400 CD's) onto my iPod and donated them to our local library. I can now take my entire music collection in the car with me. I also subscribe to a number of free podcasts, so I have a variety of content to listen to on my daily commute (>2hrs / day) without having to resort to the trash on the radio.

Love my iPod!

Not that I care, believe me, I really don't, but keeping MP3's of your CD's and then giving the CD's to the library is illegal.

musicola said:
Not that I care, believe me, I really don't, but keeping MP3's of your CD's and then giving the CD's to the library is illegal.

What portion of that is illegal? If he owns the CD's and transfers the music from his music collection I believe that is OK. As far as donating items he owns (CD's) to his local library that is fine as well.

Yeah, I love this thing! Nice to carry all my music in one little package. I don't know why I waited so long.

You don't "own" the music on a CD. You have a license to the audio, and you can make a copy for personal use. If you no longer own the physical CD, you no longer have a license for your MP3 copy. It's illegal for the library and yourself to both have a copy of music that was only purchased once. No different than doing the reverse - buying a CD and giving a buddy an MP3 version of the whole thing. Or sharing the MP3 version over the Internet. AGAIN, I'm not pro-RIAA, I'm just explaining.

RVC said:
Thanks, I have the FM radio shuffle remote already. Can I just get an aux cable anywhere?

If you are planning on charging your ipod (or whatever you use) while driving, remember you are going to need a ground loop isolator. You just buy one that has 3.5 mm jacks on both ends and skip the other cable completely. If you don't get one and charge your MP3 player while driving, you are going to get background noise from the engine.

Back