Stuck in 4th gear?

found the retaining clips......i took some pix just need to upload them onto my computer.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 160
Ok, you need to lay them out on a clean sheet of paper. ALL of the larts, keys, retainers, synchros, outer-race, everything. I will be able to tell you then.

yeah...i wouldnt doubt mazda is more confused than us....my local dealer wouldnt acknowledge my car existed!!

hey silver i might needs to do that like soon so can u post it up on the forums instead of just pming him please? gratzi

yeah...i wouldnt doubt mazda is more confused than us....my local dealer wouldnt acknowledge my car existed!!

hey silver i might needs to do that like soon so can u post it up on the forums instead of just pming him please? gratzi

No the dealership I am using is pretty good. He knew exactly what I was asking, I was the one that didn't know. Good thing is that I found what I needed.

I only lack getting the tranny back together and I will be ready to go, I just put on new SPEC stage 2+ and new AGP WG actuator and all new vacuum lines.

well I spoke to F&*($#% soon. I go to mazda to pick up a shift fork, workshop manual, and oil passage. They got the shift fork and oil passage right, but they ordered a GD automatic shop manual and said that it will be another week before they get another one. ****!!!!!

I have to move in one weeks time from today, and I can't leave my car sitting on Jack stands at the house I am leaving. I am also deploying in 3 weeks time. I am ******* furious!

Ok so Mazda finally called me back and said that there was NO supplementary shop manual for a manual transmission......but some how I got the automatic tranny supplementary manual. Is this right?

The only other manual that they offer is the one that is $160 and is the complete manual. Something is fishy.........if anyone has the part number for the shop manual on the manual tranny.... please lmk

ok.....despite the fact that i dont have the shop manual, im gonna go with what i have and use the "how-to" from prodigy. hope everthing works out!

Mazda does have a supplemtn for the manual transmission, I know because I have it. It's orange.

well this guy swears that he cant find it. do you have the part number on the cover?

i already have the tranny back in the car and i used protigy's how-to and using what i remember. wasnt as hard as i thought really. not scared of doing it anymore. just really wish i had that supplement manual from mazda.

ok....mission accomplished. The car is now up and running. I have no major issues other than just taking time to break in the clutch properly.

Thanks for all that positive contributions in helping me get this thing on the road.

Last edited:
Awesome. Glad it worked out. And glad you got that synchro assembly back together!

And littlemimus, I didn't pm anything, so you know everything I told him.
But if you need help, you know where to find me.

good job! hopefully yours wont grenade after a month like mine. although i suspect foul play:dodgy: but anyways yea. thanks slotege

Back