Speeding Ticket

mattvbfreak

:
Mazda, MP3
Ok here is the story. The cops saw me not completely stop at a stop sign so he follows me, well I didn't know it was a cop so I'm doing 80 in a 40 and he flips on the lights after about a half mile, are they allowed to get you for speeding when they're driving?? and on my citation it doesn't say how he recorded my speed....I'm hoping there is a way I can fight this. any help??!

^did you notice his avatar? and ya, 40 in an 80? You're a tool... It's not complicated for him to figure out how fast you were going if he was FOLLOWING you; all he needs is to look at his speedometer.

Pay the ticket and learn from your (dumb) mistake by bending over when your insurance gets reviewed next...

Do what I did man goto the ticket clinic and have them fight it for you. I cost me 100 bucks to fight my ticket. Needless to say after everythign was said as done, it ended up costing me 50-60 bucks more then just paying the ticket. HOWEVER no point on my DL and wont show up on it either! I had gotten a 68 in a 45 ticket for passing a bug on a 2 lane road...

Edit: Also the results that you get will all depend on your dl history and what not. Traffic attorneys are the s***! lol

If you dont have any tickets in like the last three years ask for a plea in abeyance or something. Insurance and drivers license wont find out about it. Sometimes you have to pay a little extra but its worth it. I got a driving on a revoked license the other day. Found out its a $750 ticket, and my license gets revoked for another year after this year period is up. It sucks ass. They try to catch us ridin dirty man

No sympathy here. They're not going to go easy on you, and they shouldn't. 80 in a 40 is normally considered reckless...is the ticket for that too? If so, you're probably looking at a suspension.

No sympathy here. They're not going to go easy on you, and they shouldn't. 80 in a 40 is normally considered reckless...is the ticket for that too? If so, you're probably looking at a suspension.

yeah, he is lucky that he didnt get a wreckless driving ticket, car inpounded and throwin in jail for that. Normally anything 30 over they can do all of that but its at the discresion of the officer on duty.

its called pacing and it's perfectly legal. you are screwed on this one

Get a lawyer, have them handle it. I've not gotten 2 speeding tickets due to them. (thumb)

Recently went to court trying to fight a ticket that's when i found out they can radar when their moving as well. And the laser works forward and backward so they know your speed even when their in front of you.

Recently went to court trying to fight a ticket that's when i found out they can radar when their moving as well. And the laser works forward and backward so they know your speed even when their in front of you.

interesting I did not know that! I knew they can radar while moving but not behind them whiel moving.

Do what I did man goto the ticket clinic and have them fight it for you. I cost me 100 bucks to fight my ticket. Needless to say after everythign was said as done, it ended up costing me 50-60 bucks more then just paying the ticket. HOWEVER no point on my DL and wont show up on it either! I had gotten a 68 in a 45 ticket for passing a bug on a 2 lane road...

Edit: Also the results that you get will all depend on your dl history and what not. Traffic attorneys are the s***! lol

very true! I got a ticket on I-10 doing 79 in a 55. brough it to a traffic attorney. all i had to pay was court cost, no points added. I have a CDL so that helps me alot!

very true! I got a ticket on I-10 doing 79 in a 55. brough it to a traffic attorney. all i had to pay was court cost, no points added. I have a CDL so that helps me alot!

lol I got busted for doing 75 in a 55 on I-95 when i first moved to fl back in 2002. I wish I knew about traffic attorneys back then.... btw florida is the only place that I have been where a major highway is under 60mph! I honestly thought the speed limit was 70 when i got pulled over.

I visited Austin, TX a few months ago with the Protege. It was the first city that had a highway speed limit of 50 mph. It was so funny driving by myself on an empty fast lane. Hahahaha, people in Austin are funny

I visited Austin, TX a few months ago with the Protege. It was the first city that had a highway speed limit of 50 mph. It was so funny driving by myself on an empty fast lane. Hahahaha, people in Austin are funny

never been to Austin before.. I grew up in northern texas and hadnt seen any low speed highways yet.

your only defense is this.. if it was an unmarked car, you might be able to have plea it down to a lower amount.. usually unmarked cars DO NOT have certified speedometers like marked cruisers have.. in order for it to be a legal ticket by using the method he used.. the "certified" speedometer must be installed and records of calibration must be shown, the speedometers are required to be calibrated every 3 months (usually, might be diff in some states) if there is not a calibrated speedo in the car.. it can and SHOULD be thrown out

edit: i know this b/c i used to be a cop

laser radar is a gun they have to look thru and point it directly at your car knowing it is your car they are tracking and they cant/wont do that driving. KA band can get you moving and points fowards and backwards.

I've gotten pulled over before , 35 in a 25mph zone from a cop going the opposite direction before. Got lucky and the officer got another call and didn't give the ticket tho. :D

And to the OP, you doubled the speed limit. And with a cop behind you nonetheless... I don't understand why you are mad at anyone besides yourself right now. How you did not get a reckless for 80 in a 40mph amazes me. I would take that alone as a lucky break and signs that the officer was being very nice!

Anwyays, GL with getting the ticket dropped, expect to pay more money to do so.

Back