Speed wont start

speed1585

:
03 MSP spicy
cars been running about as good as a speed can and today drove over to the in-laws and when we went to leave the car would not start. It does not turn over and the battery is not dead. Its a newer battery plus we tried to jump start it.

The only other idea I had was the actuator or whatnot that is activated by the clutch pedal is messed up. there is 2, one that is released when you push in the clutch, and one that is depressed when clutch is in. I am not sure what each one does. I messed with them, slapped it a few times out of anger and I was able to get the car to start. Left it running so i could make it home, got home and turned it off and it will not start again.

I think its the clutch sensor position switch but not 100%

Besides looking into these switches further, is there anything else I can check?

Last edited:
If all fuses and the battery are fine. Its either the starter, clutch position switch (my guess) or the crank or cam sensors are bad, which means the car wouldnt run at all so i doubt its them.

try checking you battery connections to see if there corroded. Even try to loosen them and wiggle them around they get corroded sometimes and even if the outside looks clean its not making proper contact with the terminal clamps.

Back