Should I be weary to buy rx-8?

misinterpretation. I meant if you are going to be changing your oil each and every 3000 miles (which I am sure we ALL do!) theres no need (at least in the case of the rx8, i used full-syn every 3000 with the MSP) to spend an extra $3-4 per quart on synthetic oils, especially because if something goes wrong and mazda found out you were putting synthetic oil in the rx-8, they'd void the warranty. Mazda hasnt approved synthetics for the use in the rx8.

ah ok wasn't aware of the above.

To my knowledge, Mazda has never approved synthetics for use in a rotary.

I love my 8, it's a great car. I've only had one issue with it, and that was the clutch pedal bracket breaking. From what I've heard, that's a common issue. It's a bizarre, unnessecary, but common issue. The strangest part is, I don't beat on that car. I have an RX-7 to slam the gears in, my 8 is just a commuter, but the clutch pedal bracket still snapped. Go figure.

Anyway, great cars, absolutely superb interiors, somewhat peppy, and they handle like a Miata. I haven't even thought twice about picking up my 8.

hearing you 8 guys talk makes me seriously consider trading up again and again... i hate loving my car. lol

I need a winter beater before I'd buy an 8 though... not willing to do that to such a nice car..

What oil you use WILL NOT void your warentee. Use whatever you are comfortable with. Pensoil full syn for me. There is no proven issue with using a syn, and some of their properties seem worth the extra cost. It is also very important to check your oil level often.

Fluid motorsports sell a clutch pedal brace that looks nice.

Back