short throws?

Wes said:
I just installed my TWM shifter and Kartboy bushings last weekend, the verdict...

I am not sure I like it honestly, the throws are super short (more so than the B&M I had in my Accord) but it's hard as hell sometimes to get it in gear. There isn't much benefit to a shorter throw if it's difficult to get into gear! I greased the ball joint really good, but it just feels like I have to force it way too often.
I am hoping that it will be a bit smoother when it warms up here, but I also read recently here that changing the tranny fluid can help a lot... might have to try that.
I did my TWM last week as well. It doesn't bind any more or less than the stock shifter used to. It is just a bit more prominent now since the leverage is less to get past the kinking feeling that the tranny itself has. I think it will loosen with time. As for my impression of the mod itself... it's a short shifter lever and it is does accomplish that very simple function.

ZoomFive

Topher said:
give them time...you've gotta break them in...they'll loosen up.
What is it that actually loosens up to make the shift action easier?

Laser03pro said:
I did the tranny fluid alrdy i dont like how short it is tho im reachin down for it and i can hardly lean back.
Yeah, the Kartboy shifter looks really short. Is it shorter than my TWM?

yes, its the shortest. i dont like the look and the idea of reaching far for the shifter itself is not that appealing to me. thats why i went with b&m , its just 1 inch shorter than stock. looks really cool

jjac28 said:
yes, its the shortest. i dont like the look and the idea of reaching far for the shifter itself is not that appealing to me. thats why i went with b&m , its just 1 inch shorter than stock. looks really cool
I have to say that the TWM height is pretty good. I would not want it to be any shorter than that (2" less than stock). The short shifts are a welcome thing, but it's too bad that the tranny itself kinks.

Back