RX7/supra

freekwonder

Contributor
:
Datsun 510/Nissan Frontier
i was on the rx8 forum, and some one posted a pic of the rumored next RX7 and supra. personally the RX7 looks kick ass. but the supra plain looks like ass. i hope the rx7 looks like that. the supra can change thought

rx7supra.jpg

rx-7?

considering that mazda has just spent a ton of money on developing the rx-8 i highly doubt they will bring out a "new" rx-7 in 2004. however it does look sick and the supra isn't that bad.

i doubt the rx7 will look close to that, but i could be wrong. (it has happened before)

and looking at that supra, it has a lot of old 2000GT styling on it. i kind of like it. of course, the headlight treatment won't be US compliant. so if they plan on selling it here, (and i heard they want to) it will have to be changed.

To me, the Supra slightly resembles a Qvale Mangusta......Slightly
1a_splsh.jpg

Honeslty, if Toyota brings the Supra back without it's 2 little turbos, it will be a waste of time. Those are just my thoughts.

I thought the same thing NJ... Looks a lot like the old 2000GT from the front. These are the kind of rumours I like to see. I currently own an RX-7 and my brother owns a Supra. Good to see this post even if it is all just speculation right now.

there is the school of thought, which i have read in multiple locations over the past year or so that the rx8 is not a replacement for the rx7 by any means, rather that it is just another rotary vehicle. The rx7 is arguably the ultimate sports car and was clearly designed with nothing but performance (and pickin up chicks) in mind. The rx-8 on the other hand was designed to comfortably fit 4 adults. the rx7 has no back seat, and the rx-8 has a roomy one.......etc....etc......so a new rx7 isnt out of the question, but the US probably wont see one unless ford decides to let mazda compete with the 350z (which they probably wont for fear of their massive mustangs being dusted by a puny 1.8 liter (or whatever) wankel

yeah much talk about bringing back the supra and the rx-7...of course the "new" supra has been rumored to be developed with a V8 now instead of the inline 6...and the rx-7, IF it goes to production won't be out until at least 2005...which means in japan and us yanks won't see either car until two years later...lol...dang i gotta move to japan

I tried to comprehend what they were sayign about the Supra engine at the bottom of the article, and it said something about a 2.5L V6 turbo being a possiblity, but having a 3.5L NA V6 like the Z is a higher possiblity. OK, I am VERY BAD at japaense, so I will most likely be wrong, but that's what I gather from it.

Yeah Automobile Magazine said the new Supra (if it comes back at all, which it should, to eventually combat the new Z) will have a 350hp NA six cylinder. That's right, I said a 350hp SIX Cylinder Non-Turbo. Sounds good. But they did say it COULD have that engine. Either way you look at it it's not going to have as much potential as the 2jz-gte (I think that's right:rolleyes: ) Just like the new Skyline won't have an iron block for huge powergains. It's a damn shame. That's just what I've heard. I could be very much wrong. Anyway, the article is very small and is in the new Automobile mag with a blueish BMW Z4 on the cover. If any of you guys want to see it I'll scan it.
Just my $1.33 ;)
Doesn't the "Supra" look A LITTLE like the new Vanquish?

Back