Rust repair on 06

daan

:
06 "5"

My 5 is just starting to rust out. I'm bummed, since I really like it and it seemed to be doing so good up until this winter. Has anyone on here had similar rust issues, taken care of and could give me a "ballpark" idea of how much $ they paid? So far it's just the seam on the driver's door (not thru the outer skin yet, only visible when you open the door up) the seam between the back bumper and the quarter panel right behind the rear wheel well, and on the lip around the pass. back wheel well. And yeah, I know my phone takes terrible pics.

Last edited:
I've got an '07 and have that rear wheel well lip rust on one side as well... haven't done anything about it yet though and so would also be interested to hear what others have done?

Have the same problems on my 2006 and just got an estimate of $2000CAN. Basically both rear panels has to be cut out and replaced, the whole car will be repainted. The body shop guy also mentioned he see lots of Mazda's with the same problem.

Also can see rust starting to show up at the inside bottom of the 2 front door. There is a dollar size rust bubble forming on the front passenger window pillar which the body shop will fix when they repaint the car. The car has gotten rust proofing treatment when new, but I stopped the yearly touch up about 4 years ago.

The entire job will take 5 days, body shop said to drop it off Monday morning and pick it up Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Back