Rishie's FITMENT RECIPE

FYI the 67.1 only applies to the 5x114.3 PCD's. The 4x100 Proteges have the same centerbore as Miata. i believe 54.1.

Rishie

yes, but when you drop you might have to do some fender rolling

Just bought these for my Black P5;
17x8+35 Rota G Force Flat black. Falken FK452 215/35/17's
bad cellphone picture.

12260918021.jpg

1226091803a1.jpg
downsized_12260918031.jpg
wow, i want see um go on! if they dont fit go with 205/40/17 =)

Protege5 w/eibach pro-kit. MSP wheels w/215/40/17 .. will it fit? thanks in advance!

quick question, will 18x8 5x114.3 fit on 03 protege 5?? whats the pro's and con's on this and also 215/35/18 tire size be ok on it??

I am looking at the motegi MR107's

I have a question also, I am looking at some rims but they are 16x8 offset is -32
what these would look like on protege?

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to say thank you to Rishie and everyone for putting this thread together. I myself am a Protege 5 owner. Of course I'm planning on upgrading the wheels & tires. I've seen Rishie's recipe for optimum wheel & tire size. I am looking to get 17x7 wheels that have a offset of +45. However, when I spoke to rep on the phone from the wheel website that I'm looking to purchase, I advised him that I need 215/40/17 as per Rishie's recipe. I told him I was going to lower the car as well. He said rather than go with 215/40/17, go instead with 205/40/17, because 215/40/17 will definitely cause rubbing because the tires are larger. I'm so confused. Can anyone please help me?

the 205 would be a little bit smaller. i dont think you can really decide on whether you need it or not until u figure out how low you're going though. i'm not sure though, so don't quote me =P

Hi wbmallet,

Thanks for replying back. I was looking at getting the Eibach Pro Kit springs as everyone says they are real good for the MP5. I believe the drop in the rear is 1.2 and the drop in the front is 1.4.

Do you think I would be okay with 17x7 wheels, +45 offset, & 205/40/17 tires? Again, I did take a look at Rishie's recipe but the rep on the phone said that 215/40/17 would be too large of a tire when the car is lowered, and thus I would have rubbing issues.

Thanks!

Wheel/Tire Combo Help!

Hello,

Can anyone help me with what I posted above. WBMallet responded regarding tire size, but I need to know what springs work best with this setup.

As per Rishie's recipe, he said that a wheel that is 17x7 with a +45 offset should go with 215/40/17 tires. However when I was about to order my wheel/tire combo, the rep on the phone said its better to go with 205/40/17 tires as the 215/40/17 are too large when the car is lowered and thus would cause rubbing.

I was either thinking of going with Eibach Pro Kit springs which I believe are 1.4 drop in the front and 1.2 drop in the rear. However I've also heard that if I go with H & R I would have a 1.3 drop all around. I would go with Tein S Techs however the custom car shop that I took my MP5 too said the maximum I want to go with the drop is 1.5, and the Teins would drop 2 in the front, which in turn would make my tires rub against the fenders.

If I went with the Eibach Pro Kit springs, would it look awkward because of the difference in spring height in the front vs. the rear. Does anyone favor one over the other (I know there are already multiple threads on this...I'm doing this for the sake of deciding which tires I should go with).

I don't want to roll my fenders nor do any modifying to the chassis when I lower the car. Any or all help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

You will have no problem running a 215 but if there is an occasional rub another 1/2 degree or less of camber would solve that with some camber bolts.

Back