Ricky Williams Retiring!??!!!

MackDadam

Mazdaholic
:
2006 Mazdaspeed6
I just went to espn.com and saw that he told the team he is retiring. WTF?? We built the team around him, what a bastard to wait until after the draft..and so late, no other running backs to pick up. wasted a ton of first rounders on him too. what a fucker

yeah it is all over espnews. i think it all has to do with the supposed drug test failures. i feel sorry for MIA fans.

williams said football no longer "stimulates" him. puff, puff, pass ricky.

hahaha. pats will own the east again!

but seriously. he had problems and was overrated, lots of talent but the mental issues were too much. Miami seriously overpaid for him. It was a brilliant move to dump him. Miami needs to learn about howto evaluate players for thier system like the pats do. They'll probably be one of the worst teams in the nfl this year.

I am so pissed off about this. I went and bought tickets to 4 home games yesterday when they went on sale, and now I am paying to see Travis Minor start at RB. I still love the team, put now they are gonna have to put a heavy emphasis on the passing game. Travis Minor is a good RB but definitely no Ricky Williams. And this asshole Ricky had to wait until a week before camp to announce this. If he said something a week ago they could have at least tried to get Eddie George, or worst case signed Antowain Smith. I am very pissed about this.

Damn that DOES suck. Ricky Williams was the s***. That man took a lickin and kept on tickin. I'd thought that half of the hits he took would give that man a concusion. He ran down the defense by the end of the game. I was always amazed at the talent he had, the running game was 75% of what Miami has been doing since they got him. We're going to be in trouble with the passing game. Miami has always had lousy luck with interceptions. This is not going to be as great a year that I was hoping for. Bummer.

Dammit This sucks, Ricky Williams was a beast on the field, He helped the fins alot. I guess we will have to except another disappointing year. This just sucks big time.

Players these days make all the money.....
BUT BIG PUSSIES they ARE.......

NEED MORE EMMIT SMITHS< JOHN RIGGINS< WALTER PAYTON< TONY DORSETT<ERIC DICKERSONS

OH WELL

REDSKIN FAN ANYWAYS.....
GO SKINS......--------

MinnowGT...i dont think you know s*** about football.... Overpaid for Ricky?!?! they never negotiated his contract, he was a steal, probably underpaid. As far as overrated... won the rushing title two years ago and got another 1300 yards last year and runs over people like a train. Damn, dan please come out of retirement...hes the only one that can understand not having a rushing game!!

And I bought a McFarlan collectable Ricky Williams figurine last year... wonder if it'll go up or down in value....

2nd time he failed his drug testing.....hmmmm
Awesome talent, great size and speed! I can't see how he can retire at such a young age when he was wasting money on the cars, houses, and weed! Don't forget about when he got busted going 130+mph.
And he wasn't even getting paid what he was worth-Cause Master P screwed him being his agent while he was at New Orleans but did redo his contract while he was at Miami
* And Jamal Lewis should/might serve some jail time or get suspended from the league.....

Sucks that he's gone... he was pretty much the only offense Miami had. Fiedler's not that bad, but the offensive line couldn't hold their own breath, much less a push from another team.

This was in the paper the same day that Lance won the Tour. I can understand his reasoning, but I was upset by his timing & pissed that the paper gave him a bigger headline than Lance on both the front page & the sports section. (pissed)

Did anyone think that maybe we lost Williams because we got Shaq? :p I'm not going to watch a single Dolphins game this season, but I can't wait to see the Heat play again (I was there for the championship round). :D

that totally sux man! I loved watching him run over people. Running game is now gone and I hate when feidler throws a pass cuz it always gets intercepted, how are we gonna score? fumbles I guess. Lets hope the defense can pick up the slack

thats all we can do is hope. thomas is hurt too. thats the heart of the D. this is going to be a long season...still have mad love for my dolphins though. only sports team i can really say that about

Back