Retiring from Moderator duties

Blendercloud

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 Sport
I'll be retiring my Moderator duties very soon. I've asked batou079 to take my place, and he accepted the invitation. Antoine is currently reviewing his application. I'll still be around, but probably won't be checking many threads. I'll definitely keep up with the PM's though. I think most of you know that if you have any questions you can feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks for being such a fantastic section to moderate. You guys made the job very easy, and I learned a lot from many of you.

Thanks again!
Chris

Are you selling the MS6 like Steve, too? Thanks for all of your help throughout the past year :)

I still owe too much on the car to sell it. Plus it's a great car, even stock. My needs haven't really changed. Still need the AWD and four doors. And the car has been reliable in its first 35,000 miles. I'll probably hang onto it for several more years.

I still owe too much on the car to sell it. Plus it's a great car, even stock. My needs haven't really changed. Still need the AWD and four doors. And the car has been reliable in its first 35,000 miles. I'll probably hang onto it for several more years.

in that case, start saving for a fun project car.
maybe get back into LIGHTLY modding the ms6 in the future. ill be honest, the "several more years" part makes me happy to hear!!
ill be doin the same, but i wont go overboard with MS6 mods. i'll just stop once i've hit the "it feels like a good middle ground track/dd car".

Chris, sorry to see you step down, but I'm glad you're still hanging around and keeping the Speed. Just curious, did you go fully back to stock, even things like fuel pump internals?

wow even fuel pump! im curious did you already sell it? :p

btw did you know the weird coicidence that my name is chris too!!? lol weird.

Everything is long gone. I used that money to buy a big engagement ring and pay for my half of the wedding for next year. I got about 70% back out of my parts that I put in them. So I can't really complain about that. It all sold within about two weeks, too.

Now that sounds like a great deal. I remember a friend of mine a few years ago who drives an Integra Type R pointing to his then-fiancee's hand and saying "that's my turbo kit on her hand". lol. Now I know how you and he felt, because my girl's wearing my ETS, AP, and custom tune right now. It's crazy how much of a financial black hole weddings can be. But in the end, it's all (hopefully!) worth it. :)

Congrats, btw.

Now that sounds like a great deal. I remember a friend of mine a few years ago who drives an Integra Type R pointing to his then-fiancee's hand and saying "that's my turbo kit on her hand". lol. Now I know how you and he felt, because my girl's wearing my ETS, AP, and custom tune right now. It's crazy how much of a financial black hole weddings can be. But in the end, it's all (hopefully!) worth it. :)

Congrats, btw.

It's also amazing how much of a financial black hole cars are. I've always known that, but it took me a while to realize how much I had spent on the MS6 in just a year.

well Chris its good to see your trying to pass the torch onto another great member of this site...i hope Antoine gives the ok....anyways Chris thanks for all the help in the past...i do hope the car lasts you a long time....my opinion...cars are a either a way of transportation for some...and others a hobby....even tho my car has now become my daily driver...i still consider it a hobby and even a small accomplishment in life...and i do hope in the future it becomes that for you again as well....also congrats on the engagement and hope all goes well with your wedding next year....i wish you the best and still hope u stick around...since your knowledge is always valued here

Gary

Back