Rear Calipers

klinkb

:
03 Black Mica MSP
I need a passenger rear caliper asap.. I went to do my brakes this week and that one was seized up. Whats the best place to get one from?

Thanks

Try greasing the pin first and replacing the seals. Mine was seized too. Just needed lubrication.

I've never done that before.. What alls involved with doing that? Id rather keep the caliper but we could not get it to compress.. We bent a c-clamp trying to get it to compress..

Try and get it apart first. Then clean and grease the pin. I hammered it apart I believe. Got the seal kit from Rockauto.

You don't use a c-clamp to compress the rear caliper. If you look down into the bore you'll see two notches in it. You can go down to a parts store and either rent or buy the tool. It goes on a 3/8 ratchet and you screw the caliper back in. And yes you will break C-clamps trying to compress it

You don't use a c-clamp to compress the rear caliper. If you look down into the bore you'll see two notches in it. You can go down to a parts store and either rent or buy the tool. It goes on a 3/8 ratchet and you screw the caliper back in. And yes you will break C-clamps trying to compress it

Good info.

Why did no one tell me this?!?! lol Do you think we caused any damage to the caliper?

I did some searching on here and found that its the right one, thanks for the help guys

I just found that my rear caliper is sticking, tried lubing it, but no luck with that. Anybody know where to get a replacement one? The shop wanted $325 to fix it, but its easy enough to do myself.

Incase you need a new caliper assembly, I just received mine including bracket from amazon.com and it was only $66 shipped. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

for those searching like me, the above link is not the correct part for the MSP. the correct raybestos part # is FRC11551 (right) & FRC11552 (left)

Edit: All I really need is the mounting bracket however I do not believe anyone sells them on their own, hence my need to buy a new caliper.

Last edited:
Here is a link to the cheapest place I could find them if anyone is looking in the future...

Core charge is $60, but assuming you send it back, it is the cheapest option. If you don't want to send it back then I think you can get them for ~$110 or so + shipping so for me the core was worth it.

Back