questions, videos, pictures of my p5

alexelie

:
protege5 red
hi, so i have a lot of things to show and ask. first, i want to know what kind of filter i can buy, cuz i dont know how it will fit. I thought of a k&n but i want to make sure everything will fit. Its a ractive intake.
ractiveintake.jpg

second, i think my stock strut bar is in bad shape, what you think^ Its seems to be bent on the right...
enginebay.jpg

I finally put my summer tires on they are 205/45/16 i like tehm a lot, the rims look a little bigger and the tire is not too low.
pneug.jpg

Now i have some rattling behind my radio and under my shifter, i can hear a weird noise...here are some videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IgnWuc0e8E i will try to add another video if i can but you can easily hear it when i press on the gas under load. Im not sure if its normal though...what you think it can be

rattling behind radio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBuSMw9xNRY

so thats about it...i know, my ballast is not in place(its fixed now) and my engine bay is not clean at all.

Last edited:
You do also realize you have no coolant whatsoever in that tank right?

A K&N will work just fine for you. Just make sure to find one that will fit your piping.

yhea aha i realise i have not coolant but its not that bad, engine is not heating at all...i may just put some water in there. And for the intake, how can i know what is the piping size?

Take your filter off and measure the diameter. The outer diameter. Then look for a filter with that same INNER diameter.

strut bar is fine, thats how they are..
thank you

Clean your motor bay pleaseeeeeee

aha i know its really dirty, but i dont feel the need to clean it...might clean it sometime though.

anybody know if the sound under the shifter is normal?

make sure you put distilled water not just normal water, it'll cause rust on the inside of the pipes, and stuff.

but do you hear the sound when i press on the gas in the video? You can hear the exhaust a little bit but there is another noise that doesnt sound normal at 10 seconds , you can hear it a lot...i will try to take another video if this one doent do it.

make sure you put distilled water not just normal water, it'll cause rust on the inside of the pipes, and stuff.
ok nice thanks!

i didn't listen to the video but under that area are some heat sheilds on the exhaust that could have come loose

edit: listened to it....it sounds like a heat shield or something else loose......have you looked under the hood to listen for it

why is your cel on??

yeah im canadian i live in quebec. We have a lot of snow and crap here...
listened to it....it sounds like a heat shield or something else loose......have you looked under the hood to listen for it
why is your cel on??

There is no more heat shield on the cat cuz it went loose some times ago and i removed it. I have a header so this is why i have a cel.

yeah im canadian i live in quebec. We have a lot of snow and crap here...

There is no more heat shield on the cat cuz it went loose some times ago and i removed it. I have a header so this is why i have a cel.

ahh

start you car up and get in the engine compartment and use the throttle body to bring up the rpms and see where the sound is coming from

have you not tried the non'fouler fix???

i just tried playing with the throttle body but it would be impossible to hear anything with all that noise and fyi it only do that noise when the gears are in and the sound can be heard only when i press the gas under load. like fifth gear or fourth gear the sound is generally louder but at highway speed at 3500rpm, this is not the same kind of ppsss noise, it more like a little whine....that why i thought i could be the gears but...

Back