Project: Evil Rex

Cut the sunroof and the rust out, and get one of those canvas sunroofs! That way, you have open motoring and less weight up high!

Problem solved. Feel free to worship me at your leisure.

You'd have a lot easier time if you just got your own welder and went to work on it.

That's assuming he can weld, or can find a class on (specifically) autobody welding. Otherwise that sentence should read:

"You could really **** up your entire car if you just got your own welder and went to work on it."

I've taken an autobody welding class, learned a ton, and I still wouldn't weld sheet metal on a car I ever wanted anyone to see without a ton more practice!

bump! from the dead! Finally got all my parts ordered to repair the coolant leak including my yoohoo belt. Now to find someone that can do mobile welding to get this fixed and it all goes back together...

At first when you said this car was from Miami & looking at the first pics I thought you lucked out on the krustyness the beach can bring but I see it was just hiding a bit. Good luck on the resurrection. I feel your pain on the hate the wifey has for it, I have a much hated family heirloom crazy ass truck. Can't tell if it's because it too parks in the garage or the jealousy of the fact that it's been around longer than she has (25 yrs) or that the attention it gets coulda been bestowed upon her or what. Have to remind her that it does all the nasty hauling you don't want done in your SUV, it has no mandatory monthly payment etc. She doesn't care & I don't care that she doesn't care LOL. We have agreed to disagree about it. Next house will be 3 car garage tho. Anyway, good luck & hope no more cancer is uncovered.

I feel your pain on the hate the wifey has for it....

I'm Evilmonkey's wife and I don't have any hate for the RX-7. Why would I have bought it for him for his birthday if I hated it? Why would I have convinced him to keep it when he was thinking about selling it?

Sorry for being defensive. I just don't like when people assume that just b/c you're married, your wife doesn't understand about cars or thinks they're a nuissance. :p Maybe I'm different, but heck, I want to learn about the car and how it works too! :)

I'm Evilmonkey's wife and I don't have any hate for the RX-7. Why would I have bought it for him for his birthday if I hated it? Why would I have convinced him to keep it when he was thinking about selling it?

Sorry for being defensive. I just don't like when people assume that just b/c you're married, your wife doesn't understand about cars or thinks they're a nuissance. :p Maybe I'm different, but heck, I want to learn about the car and how it works too! :)

(kiss) It's ok Jen...don't take it personal. You're a great woman and YES you're different but that's a good thing.

typically on a 13B the waterpump is driven w/ several belts on it, the belt going around the Alternator, eccentric shaft pulley and water pump & the A/c compressor belt also loops around the WP . In RX7s that have a/c and power steering removed (like mine) it only leaves 1 belt to drive the water pump. This can cause issues w/ slipage and such causing the W/p not to spin as well...

The yoohoo belt is just a short v-belt that is just long enough to loop around the eccentric shaft pulley and the W/P giving it that little bit extra it needs :D you can see what the belt layout will look like w/ the yoohoo belt from the pic below.

Yoohooprod1a-L.jpg
now what exactly, pray tell, is a youhoo belt?

(werd) you've been very supportive in me having what i want :D

Back