$$$ PRICE of MazdaSpeed Protege $$$

Yeah, Canadian dealers can charge LESS than msrp for mine charged me MSRP on the dot. And yeah, free wheel locks, good call there.

-e

oliver2000 said:
Dealers cannot charge anything they want in Canada at least, Mazda Canada sets the MRSP and that is the top price plus taxes, delivery charges, since we have consumer protection laws here :). Being a limited edition do not expect much less than MRSP, maybe some free wheel locks.

Now if the dealer gets a hold of the car BEFORE you put a deposit on it, they can tint the windows, undercoat it, paint protection and whatever else they can and charge the hell out of you for the " upgrades ". The line would be sorry sir the car has all this done already here is the price.

On our MP3 when we bought it, the dealer was just about to do the upgrades when we walked in and bought it coming off the truck....sheer luck that it was not already sold....crap dealership is most likely why.

Just a question - what is the chance that I would be able to get away without having any decals or anything from the dealership? Has anyone ever insisted that they don't put any advertising on their new car? (or better yet, charged them for advertising!!?)

I insisted that I had no stickers on the MP3 and will do the same for the mazdaspeed. The dealer did put license plate covers that was basically a mazda logo with the dealer name. Simple enough replaced them anyway....they use metric bolts by the way.

what is the chance that I would be able to get away without having any decals or anything from the dealership?

Pretty good actually, but t depends on your dealer and if the sales person is a dick or not. I've insisted that they DON't put stickers on any of my cars over the years. Pisses them off. The nicer and more noticeable the car is, the more they want to stick the stickers on to advertise.

Just tell them up front, you put something on it, you lost the sale. Simple as that.

how much should we pay?

im getting my MS for 1000 over msrp...
am i gettin ripped off?
i have heard that the MP3s went for 2000 over, but I was just reading a thread in the rumors section about how much to pay for a car and ppl were talking about getting AT or below msrp....

lemme kno what you guys think and what you are going to/willing to pay for yours

slug420

hello..

I also have an MS-P on Order and i was told that this car is expected to be around the $26-$27K CAN figure. This is all that i am going to pay.
In Fact, all i expect to pay for this car is $25,500 CAN. I don't believe this car should exceed more than $26,500CAN at all.:bs:

Why buy MS-P ay over $27K when there is far better cars out there that is in this price range?:confused:

I don't believe that you should buy any car at all over MSRP. It is just not right for an dealer to do such a thing. I know here in Canada that it is illgeal to do such a thing. I'm not sure why in the States they allow this.?:confused:

Anyways, I wouls suggest to you NOT to pay over MSRP or whatever their mark up is. Don't put the extra $ into the salesman's pocket. It is just not worth it. IMO

thanks;)

$25,500, give or take $400 or so, is as much as I expect/am willing pay.

Any more than that, and I expect 170 hp at the wheels.

The $750 Mazda graduate rebate + expected price pretty much makes/breaks the sale.

odp said:
$25,500, give or take $400 or so, is as much as I expect/am willing pay.

Any more than that, and I expect 170 hp at the wheels.

The $750 Mazda graduate rebate + expected price pretty much makes/breaks the sale.

here in the US i have been told no incentives will be used in conjunction with the MS cars. My dealer says the graduate discount comes from mazda's pocket, not his, so he will ask when they arrive, but doesnt expect it..........

and how do I talk my dealer down? is it possible? he kinda has me by the balls i think, since he knows how bad i want one, and he knows he will be able to sell it to the next kid who walks in the showroom since he might be richer than me and not think twice about the price.

he knows he will be able to sell it to the next kid who walks in the showroom since he might be richer than me and not think twice about the price.

Thats the problem...and you can count on NO incentives AT ALL! You notice every time a special edition of any sort comes out and they advertise lower rates or something...the "small type" always says..."excludes XXXX model"...at least in the first few months...if ever. Slim chance they will do the grad discount...but who knows...will see.

Up here the grad discount works on any model. I got the mp3 using it. I was cutting it close though as you had to have graduated within the last 3 years. I was 1 month over but they still took it.

newf said:
Up here the grad discount works on any model. I got the mp3 using it. I was cutting it close though as you had to have graduated within the last 3 years. I was 1 month over but they still took it.

Graduated in May. Shouldn't be a problem to get. Just to clarify though, it's just a rebate and not a discount, so I won't save any tax, will I?

The Mazda graduate program I got in worked as follows; no cosigner, no payments or interest for six months and 2% APR. The car was a fully loaded Protege5 and I got it for $100 over invoice. I could have taken a $750 rebate on it instead but when you do the math the former option was far better.

I was considering trading up for an MSP but I rather like A) my yellow 'sport wagon' B) the lower payments and C) the fact that I could add a turbo later on if I so desired.

its not always about PRICE. it mostly about what you want...you might have been able to get a "better" car, even if used but "better" for less than what you got the mp3 for, but why didnt you? because you WANTED the mp3. im gonna see if can afford a mazdaspeed and im gonna reserve one, orange for me please. 22,500US would be GREAT.

the graduate rebate is valid. I had one dealer tell me it wasn't so I walked, it literally just broke the deal...next dealer I went to said sure, no problem, and I bought it....Although, I will never EVER pay MSRP for a car...EVER...I feel like that guy in the crying game when I think about the fact that I did...:'(
at this point i would gladly have bought a P5 for a good 2-3 k less and been just as happy...call me a jackass(silly) (silly) (silly) (silly)

personally i would nevet pay more than MSRP but i guess it all depends on how bad you want the car. don't be afraid to walk out of a dealership.

i may do just that. I think tomorrow I will shop around in my area for any other Mazda dealerships that will be MS franchises......although I really like the ppl at the one I have a deposit at, 1000 over msrp makes me a little bitter.........

MS for 20 grand???

I got my issue of AUTOMOBILE...they had a "Hottest new cars of 2003" section...of course they had the MS Proteg and they estimate the price to be $20,000.

One salesman I spoke to said it will be less than $20,500...not sure if I can believe that.

They also had the SRT-4 with a price of $19,995 and that was not an estimate.

heck if its 20,500 im expecting to pay atleast 21,000. it will be worth it. everyone gather 'round and lets pray the 20,500 price tag is real.

Canadian pricing of MSP

I'm in Toronto. There's a lot of mystery behind the price tag. Who's got the answer- How much is this gonna cost. I've been told less than 30. That's the best they can do. Well, if it's near 30, then I'll go get an rsx type-s.

Price for the MSP!

I have talked to the sale person who sell me the MP3 and he told me the price for the MSP would be around $27,000. I expect there price tag would be at $26,795 something like that! Any guess from Anyone?:D

Back