$$$ PRICE of MazdaSpeed Protege $$$

I heard the insurance rates on the wrx are pretty crazy (high)...well it would affect all us who are under 25...I wonder how the insurance companies will classify the MS. I hope they consider it just another protg! ;)

third dealership

Hey guys....
I've finally visited the third dealership closest to me, in Toronto. This time it was at Morningside Mazda. The Sales here is fairly friendly. Anyways, i talked to the salesman about the MAZDASPEED protege and he had NO clue what i was talking about!?. These people are jokes. He asked me if i was looking for a Mazda6 and i told him No. I told him, that he was to give me a computer with internet i'd show him what i'm looking for. They did just that for me, and i showed the Sales Manager as well about this car. They all seemed to like this car!..haha. They told me as to how this would work; i would have to pay a deposit down if i want to hold this car. Although no one knows this price, they are subject to a full refund if the price turns out to be too high. Any other reasons than price is not refundable. I had to think about it as i did not order today. oh well..just to keep you guys updated on my order for a MAZDASPEED.....:)
-Limited Edition

Hopefully, they'll view it as just another Protege. The insurance for the WRX is around the same as the Honda Civic SI, so if you can afford the SI then you should be able to afford the WRX. I don't think $21k would be over priced for the MS-P, just remember that it is a well rounded limited edition turbo'd car. If you take a look at previous turbo'd vehicle MSRP's, you start to get the idea of where the pricing might be. Just like accounting guys, all the numbers are there you just have to put them together.

98' Eclipse GS-T $23,645
96' MR2 Turbo $25,318 (over priced)
02' GTI 1.8t $20,535 (cheaper, but it doesn't have the same goodies as the MS-P)
02' WRX Wagon $23,495

After seeing those numbers, you begin to catch my drift. $21-$22k would be a great price for it, at least in my opinion it would.

APEXistud said:
Hopefully, they'll view it as just another Protege. The insurance for the WRX is around the same as the Honda Civic SI, so if you can afford the SI then you should be able to afford the WRX. I don't think $21k would be over priced for the MS-P, just remember that it is a well rounded limited edition turbo'd car. If you take a look at previous turbo'd vehicle MSRP's, you start to get the idea of where the pricing might be. Just like accounting guys, all the numbers are there you just have to put them together.

98' Eclipse GS-T $23,645
96' MR2 Turbo $25,318 (over priced)
02' GTI 1.8t $20,535 (cheaper, but it doesn't have the same goodies as the MS-P)
02' WRX Wagon $23,495

After seeing those numbers, you begin to catch my drift. $21-$22k would be a great price for it, at least in my opinion it would.

I am definintely feelin the sentiments on this one.

Good post, i agree with you on that one apexistud, But there not comparing the MS-protege against 93-98 vehicles it'll be compared to the WRX, 2003 Neon SR-T which claims to be under 20g's, so in my opinion i think they're going to keep the $ pretty low as they can go remember, before everyone thought of buying the MP3 they thought this was a one time deal which it was for 2001 but then 2003 comes and they come out with the New MS-protege which is supposed to be way better than the MP3 and know look, everybody is complaining which is probably pissing mazda off and now everyone's stuck with the MP3 with unhappiness of the MP3's performance. So i think they'll keep the price range around 19,700 IMO. either don't get the MS-protege or Trade-in your MP3. I know it's limited edition again but still.

I just called the largest Mazda Dealer in my area and the salesman said he just attended a seminar from Mazda and they do not have pricing info yet but he would e-mail me as soon as they know (I hope).

Also, he said Mazda plans on doing Mazdaspeed versions for most or all the models in the lineup...so were probably looking at MS Mazda 6 or MS Protg 5 or ???

The guy sounded cool and familiar with the MSbut I havent had the best experience in the past with dealer infowill just have to seehope he e-mails me.

<-----Happy with his MP3 purchase...Not unhappy with Mazda for making the Mazdaspeed Protege.

Every car manufacturer does this is some fashion. Release a car, then make it better. Look at all the people who ran out and bought a Porsche Carrera 4 last year just to have the Carrera 4S come out this year.

I did ordered mine at North Toronto Mazda. My salesman was good and had a great knowledge on the MP3, I had a wonderful experience from them. Anyway, my salesman who call Vick is no longer work there, and I think North Toronto have moved to a new location too.

About the Mazdaspeed protege, I think anywhere below 27K is still very reasonable to me. Consider the goodies and performance parts. (And then go check out the SIR and SVT, ugly.... :mad: )

Good luck in getting one. And please keep me update.
Also not to forget to give me a RIDE, when you got the car. ;)

I too had major problems with them being ignorant at North Toronto, i nearly told the one guy i talked to, to just **** off he was so ignorant

Avante Mazda, theyre great, absolutely the best I dealt with made it so comfortable to buy my car...Although I still say Mazda Canada is worthless

KurtMp3

<Although I still say Mazda Canada is worthless>

hey Kurt,
what did you mean by this?..you think that mazda in Canada has a terrible re-sale value?..or is the dealerships in Canada a piece of crap?:confused:

No that Mazda Canada as customer relations/service sucks...The dealership I have is great Avante is amazing, but everything they have to do usually has to go through Mazda Canada for warranty claims, etc...And Mazda Canada is slow and poor at this, like really bad! bad enough I likely wouldnt buy a Mazda again

thats why they are SALESMEN, not mechanics or car techs. i could care less if my salesman knew about the mp3 or not, i just wanted a fair deal.....geez. what do you think a salesman could tell you that you didnt already know? other than the price or something like that?...goodness.

limited edition, if they do give you a refund on the deposits, why not try leaving a deposit?...give it a shot and if/when you get the mazdaspeed lemme drive it....please.

I don't understand why U.S cars is much more expensive than it is here in Canada. If you convert some of the figures that some of you guessed it's 'way' beyond what we will likely pay.

Converting from U.S funds to Canadian doesn't always work. Heck using the 1.6CAN - 1 U.S doesn't seem to make sense at all!

BigBlue - your guess at $28,495CAN is just crazy. :eek:
I personally wouldn't look into a Protege at this price!. Keep in mind that a protege is the entry-level car in Mazda's lineup! At this price you can be at a compelety different class of car. e.g 2001 Honda Prelude SE which is only $28,300CAN.

I'm totally with jaman and oliver2000, at this price figure.
Anywhere b/t $25,500 - $26,200CAN is more like it!
As a soon owner of a MS-P it's hard for me to say this, but in Japan, Mazda is in fact the lowest japanese car looked at.:eek:

Anyways, this is just my thoughts....
:(

my friend reserved an orange mazdaspeed 3 for $500, which will eventually go towards the down payment. the dealer told him that to expect a price range of about $27,500 before taxes.... so rolling off the lot he'll probably be paying about $31 - 32,000. remember, these are limited productions so dealers can pretty much charge well over MSRP b/c these hotties are in demand, so every dealer will vary in price.

ChopstickHero said:
my friend reserved an orange mazdaspeed 3 for $500, which will eventually go towards the down payment. the dealer told him that to expect a price range of about $27,500 before taxes.... so rolling off the lot he'll probably be paying about $31 - 32,000. remember, these are limited productions so dealers can pretty much charge well over MSRP b/c these hotties are in demand, so every dealer will vary in price.

Just because they (the dealers) can charge more, doesn't mean they should. If he is paying that much for the car, limited production or not, he should buy something better for the same money.

Just MHO...

StuttersC said:

Just because they (the dealers) can charge more, doesn't mean they should. If he is paying that much for the car, limited production or not, he should buy something better for the same money.

Just MHO...

You can say that again.

$25,000-$26,000 says my dealer. Laid my $500 deposit on Saturday. Also expects mid-August delivery, but I'm more skeptical about that.

Dealers cannot charge anything they want in Canada at least, Mazda Canada sets the MRSP and that is the top price plus taxes, delivery charges, since we have consumer protection laws here :). Being a limited edition do not expect much less than MRSP, maybe some free wheel locks.

Now if the dealer gets a hold of the car BEFORE you put a deposit on it, they can tint the windows, undercoat it, paint protection and whatever else they can and charge the hell out of you for the " upgrades ". The line would be sorry sir the car has all this done already here is the price.

On our MP3 when we bought it, the dealer was just about to do the upgrades when we walked in and bought it coming off the truck....sheer luck that it was not already sold....crap dealership is most likely why.

Back