$$$ PRICE of MazdaSpeed Protege $$$

That should be Canadian dollar! CAN$27,000.

Did anybody remember how much they sell the MP3 in US. US$18,500 which is = to almost CAN$29,000

The price for the Canadian MP3 only cost us CAN$23,795 + Freight & PDI + taxes. Agree?:p

That's right we get a bit of a deal here in Canada as they don't just directly convert the american pricing for a vehicle to Canadian dollars. Thank goodness for that or there'd be a lot less of us on the roads as we couldn't afford to drive! :eek:

If they were to convert the USD price tag to CAD, the price would be USD20,500 * 1.55 (today's rate) = CAD31,775. As such price we could already buy a RSX Type-S here so no one would (well not many, I'm sure some ppl still would) wanna get a MS-P then...

:) Sure the type S is a really fast car! But the MSP is not slow! But one thing I am sure is the MSP must handle better than the type-S

$20k is more like it. I can't imagine paying much more for this car. Anything higher would hit subaru's wrx price range. If these cars are the same price, I'd go w/ the faster car; or wait 'til January for the Evo. Just an opinion from a slow-witted member.

evo will be 30k+ and i am willing to bet they are all reserved already. I know the mazdaspeed dealers werent taking deposits until just recently but the mitsu dealers have been taking deposits since jan/feb for EVOs

if it was between the evo and the STI, both which will be in the 30+ price range, i would go with the STI. EVO VII is to plane jane for me.....

Mazdaspeed Proteges Below List - 20 Available

My local dealer, Nucar Mazda in New Castle, Delaware, has just told me today that they will be getting 10 orange and 10 black Mazdaspeed Proteges. I talked to the internet sales person there, Jim Hiester, and he said any Mazdaspeed Proteges bought through the internet sales department (I think he's the only one that handles Mazdas over the internet there) would be below list. He didn't say how much below, but with people throwing around $1000-2000 above list, I'm sure it will be attractive to some people in the area. I'm already getting my orange MS Protege there. They're a great dealer and have been around for 30 years. I've bought a couple of cars there, including my '92 MX-3. They currently sell Mazdas, Subarus and Isuzus in the same showroom, but they're actually getting rid of the Subarus and Isuzus to just sell Mazdas and Mazdaspeeds.

Anyway, drop him a line if you're interested. I told him about the board and that I might post about it here, so he's expecting it. You can also call him if you'd like at 800-486-6370, and be sure to ask for Jim Hiester.

Back