Mazdaspeed Protege Idle issue

I have an issue with my 2003 Mazda protege mazdaspeed where my car idles at around 1400 rpm but when I slightly press in clutch it goes back down to around 800 rpm which is I’m guessing normal. I have a code for apparently high rpm and a safety neutral switch but have already changed it out which I believe is the one on the transmission and when I plug it in my reverse lights stay activated not sure if these correlate. Thank you in advance for information on either of those problems 🙏🏽

IMG_2834.jpeg

I have an issue with my 2003 Mazda protege mazdaspeed where my car idles at around 1400 rpm but when I slightly press in clutch it goes back down to around 800 rpm which is I’m guessing normal. I have a code for apparently high rpm and a safety neutral switch but have already changed it out which I believe is the one on the transmission and when I plug it in my reverse lights stay activated not sure if these correlate. Thank you in advance for information on either of those problems 🙏🏽

View attachment 325955
There are two basically identical sensors on
the transmission, one is for reverse lights, one is for neutral safety. The one up front is for reverse, the one behind the trans, next to the linkage is the neutral switch. Sounds like both sensors are toasted in your case.

There are two basically identical sensors on
the transmission, one is for reverse lights, one is for neutral safety. The one up front is for reverse, the one behind the trans, next to the linkage is the neutral switch. Sounds like both sensors are toasted in your case.
Thank you for the help by any chance where is the connection that would go to the reverse light switch. I cant seem to find it and I am thinking it might've been cut or something. I see the one closer to the driver side but not the other one. Thank you again.

Thank you for the help by any chance where is the connection that would go to the reverse light switch. I cant seem to find it and I am thinking it might've been cut or something. I see the one closer to the driver side but not the other one. Thank you again.
They are both on the drivers side, one on the front of the trans, one on the back, close to the shift linkage, it’s kinda hiding back there

Back