Post your relocated MAF/VTA BOV set up

-Corksport FMIC
-MAF will be relocated after my 505 intake shows up
-Turbosmart BPV pictured, swapped out for oem BPV from an eagle talon
-BOV Location? Cold pipe
-Zero turkey after switching to the dsm BPV, nice and stealthy.
I don't like to sound like a chirping bird every time I shift gears in low vac/low boost.

IMG_0150.jpg

Last edited:
You can probably get rid of the BPV after you relocate the MAF, can the Turbosmart be adjusted?

I might vta, but I quite like the way it sounds now, not obnoxious but still aggressive. With the turbosmart, there's a chirp every time I shift.. adjusting made no difference.

FMIC (Ebay 27")
Relocated MAF
Turbo XS Type H Knockoff
Cold Pipe
Still got some turkey, Thinking its probably cause of knock off BOV

View attachment 190608

Move the boost source running to your BOV from the manifold to somewhere pre-throttle plate. I bought a port you can shove through a silicone coupler from FRSport.com, which I installed right between my turbo outlet and hot pipe. I just have the stock BPV and my angry turkey at all times went to a very subdued turkey only at full boost, so that in combo with a BOV should kill it completely.

Many turbos actually come with the port already on the compressor housing, as that would be the most ideal place to source the boost pressure. This was the next best thing.

I am under the impression the angry turkey is because the BOV isn't releasing the pressure properly when the throttle closes, and there is excess pressure with nowhere to go. So shouldn't a different BOV, that is able to handle and release more pressure from boosting solve this? Ooooooor am I sounding like an utter noob?

Do I need a single or Dual port BOV for this car?

single is fine. I found that the important part is you need the port on the charge pipe to be 1 inch or larger to avoid compressor surge. I'm running the stock msp bypass valve with no surge at all

single is fine. I found that the important part is you need the port on the charge pipe to be 1 inch or larger to avoid compressor surge. I'm running the stock msp bypass valve with no surge at all
I have a Greddy FV on my hot pipe (has at least 1" port) and I still have the turkey. From my experience, the difference between turkey and no turkey mostly falls on the BOV. The HKS SSQV seems to be the best BOV to have if you don't want the turkey (one of the few that is self adjusting). Ive grown used to it though. In all hosesty, I think Id miss it if it was gone. Gobble Gobble!

Back