Post your relocated MAF/VTA BOV set up

Well.. Turns out I forgot to put the insert back on it lol so it's now loud again:) but.. I bought cheap eBay coupler kits to redo it, and they completely sucked ass.. They keep popping off like as soon as I hit even a few lbs of boost.. Now I'm waiting for my new ones to come in and put them on. I coulda bought the first kit at home depot that's how bad they were, like not even meant for a car

Turbo XS Type H BOV

IMG_0392.jpg

there is plenty of room to run it right by the fan instead of all that extra piping....just have to carefully bend the AC drier out of the way.

I can see why its quieter pointing down like that. Mine is facing the hood, pretty loud and its only on stock boost for now. Looks good hella hidden.

But don't you think it would be louder down? Since the sound isn't being stopped by the hood?

Just installed the turboxs type-h and I still get some turkey. Not quite as much as with the greddy tho. Do I need to add any washers or anything to rid of the turkey?

Just installed the turboxs type-h and I still get some turkey. Not quite as much as with the greddy tho. Do I need to add any washers or anything to rid of the turkey?

You need to take out some washers so it can actually open up more.

thats odd. I still have no turkey...some very slight flutter at really low boost(like 1 PSI) but other than that no turkey.

I wonder if placement has to do with it?

Also, are you running a dedicated vacuum line from the brake booster line for the BOV?

Yes dedicated line from vac block. Doesn't do it during boost, only when I accelerate and let off gas real quick then I get the turkey sound

meh, I get a slight flutter if I just barely get into boost and let off but its not a full turkey....just a couple flutters then the BOV sound.

FMIC (Ebay 27")
Relocated MAF
Turbo XS Type H Knockoff
Cold Pipe
Still got some turkey, Thinking its probably cause of knock off BOV

2012-01-02_15.35.14[1].jpg

It seems most people are using VTA on the cold Pipe. What is the difference between running a VTA BOV on the cold side, closer to the MAF, instead of on the hotpipe? I am running a Greddy type RS on the hot pipe and just wondering if I should relocate.

There is no reason to relocate the BOV, I think people put it on the cold pipe because it's what they have seen others do. I know one member put one BOV on hot pipe in addition to an existing BOV on the cold pipe.

I think for most of us its just easier to put the BOV on the cold pipe since there is plenty of room.

Back