ARP head studs, main bolts, rod bolts
fmic
greddy bov
injen cai
170 lower temp thermostat
unichip
gt2860rs going in today
stock psi until tuned

So, what's up with making a GT28 fit ? All it takes is some actuator modding ?

You also have to fuss with the oil and coolant lines, But I wonder is you swapped to the braided hoses if that would eliminate that issue.

yeh 14psi with gt28rs! I ran 13psi on the stock turbo for 5 years with no problems.

What is all done to the motor and EMS? I'm fearful running more then 7 without forging the motor. I will run 8-9 once we install the Split second

Im just going to run stock boost untill I get a built motor/ GT3071R

But i might upgrade my turbo to a GT25 with 28's internals, or a GT28. Dont know yet.

Anything less than 12 psi on a GT3071R is a waste. Anyone considering that turbo needs a built motor and EMS beforehand.

Last edited:
Read sig for engine mods. Stock bottom end.

14 psi stable.

Back when all I had was the front mount and an MBC, I did 250 WHP at 18psi. Oh how the times have changed.

engine mods worth mentioning; pauter rods/wiseco 9.0.1/arp head studs/cometic head gasket/clevite bearings. Held nicely at 20psi through a gt30r~22psi felt good but then something went wrong this morning and at 24psi I broke a piston or the rings.. (a/f were 10-11's, egts were ok and duty cycle was mid 70%) Now burning oil, and a lot of blue smoke (even puffing out of the oil dipstick tube).

This is true and absolutely honest. The built up head is getting finished in a couple weeks, and a new set of lower comp pistons with arp mains are next for engine number 6. I am also on my third trans, 2nd turbo, third bov, 4th set of injectors, 5th clutch, dual fuel pumps, water meth injection, sds em4, summit multi spark, etc etc... could blab for hours on the mods, but I broke her again this morning. So...

Man I'm very sorry to hear that!! Hope you get her going again soon enough!

Why running so much boost soo rich? Couldn't you make more power more efficiently dropping psi and leaning out a bit? I am at 17psi but run 11.8-12afrs.

Thanks man. Every time something like this happens, I end up wanting to get another car... But I will continue as I do love my car.. As to the a/f ratios, I was doing some tuning and compensating for projected accessory voltage drops. (a 1v variance can equal as much as a 6% variance in my fuel tune) As to why I am pushing so much boost through my gt30r. Well I am chasing down the power levels that my sister car is producing on their v6 kl engines with turbo systems.. I was getting close to 100hp per cylinder when the motor popped..

Thanks man. Every time something like this happens, I end up wanting to get another car... But I will continue as I do love my car.. As to the a/f ratios, I was doing some tuning and compensating for projected accessory voltage drops. (a 1v variance can equal as much as a 6% variance in my fuel tune) As to why I am pushing so much boost through my gt30r. Well I am chasing down the power levels that my sister car is producing on their v6 kl engines with turbo systems.. I was getting close to 100hp per cylinder when the motor popped..

Very nice man. hope you can fix it up soon.. those are some nice numbers man..

well the new engine will have a built head (been needing to buy the shims all winter to finish it). corksport stainless valves~viton stem seals~eibach vs~solid lifters~fsze intake cam. The block depending on the condition post tear down will keep the Pauters, and arp head studs. New clevite bearings, new arp main studs, new cometic h/g, and the pistons we will see on.

I just drove the car very gently, and it didn't smoke at all or give me any trouble. I didn't boost her though. So maybe my pistons are ok, and it's the rings that went... If the block is good, then I will just re-ring the wiseco 9:1's and hone the block. If the block is damaged, then I have a left over set of .20 over 8.7:1 wisecos I may be able to use on the bored out block. Those came from a total failure engine build up attempt many years ago... They got a little banged up when I moved from cali to illinois, so I'm not sure if I can reuse those...

However say the pistons are ok, but the block is fubarred from the rings. I do have a spare block and crank available to me as well. I would just clean that block up, and move all the internals from this block over to that one.. Got a lot to figure out over the next few weeks.. :)

Last edited:
Back