Planning on boosting my MP5, got some questions first

Alright i was reading throught the sticky thread about parts you need to turbo and i was a little lost with a few things you need.

18. Water feed line
19. Water return line
20. Water feed rubber connection
21. Water return connection
22. Water feed -> turbo metal connection
23. Turbo -> water return metal connection

my question would be what is the water lines for? When turboing hondas all you need as far as feed and return lines are oil feed and oil return. so yeah what is this water s*** for??

kits on ebay are huge wastes of money, the turbo's on there dont last for s*** and before u know it, youll be blowing a quart of oil by every 200 miles
and the water lines are to cool the turbo, depending on the turbo that you use...the stock t25 (what most people run) is oil and water cooled, the gt28rs is the same way,
its not until u get into the t3 turbos that the water cooled option goes away and its only oil cooled

kits on ebay are huge wastes of money, the turbo's on there dont last for s*** and before u know it, youll be blowing a quart of oil by every 200 miles
and the water lines are to cool the turbo, depending on the turbo that you use...the stock t25 (what most people run) is oil and water cooled, the gt28rs is the same way,
its not until u get into the t3 turbos that the water cooled option goes away and its only oil cooled

wow i can honestly say i never heard of water and oil cooled at the same time. but i see, now it makes sense. cus i was thinking, wtf, where the hell are these water lines suppose to run??!!!!! lol

As a general rule, If the turbo is Ball Bearing then its water cooled. It used to be that journal bearing turbos werent really water cooled unless stock type turbos..... Not the case anymore.

Back