Parasitic Battery Drain will be my downfall (2016.5 CX-5)

I checked the video. I think the only thing missing from it is to wait one hour after connecting everything. i would recommend opening the driver door far in advance also (but i don’t know where the door switch is on a cx-5)

Also like he said keep your keyfob far away.

I checked the video. I think the only thing missing from it is to wait one hour after connecting everything. i would recommend opening the driver door far in advance also (but i don’t know where the door switch is on a cx-5)

Also like he said keep your keyfob far away.
Yep I read the same thing. Im not opening or closing anything and have waited the full hour and even sometimes a few hours. He says later in the video you may need to wait a half hour or even longer. At this point I plan to take to the car shop again and see what they find. I just thought I would see if I could find it myself first.

Hello nfear24. I'm having the same issues with my 16 CX5 GT. We thought it was the rear BSM modules from being exposed to dirt/rocks and while that seemed to help the battery is still going dead after a day or so. I was curious if you've had any luck with your findings. Thanks.

Hello nfear24. I'm having the same issues with my 16 CX5 GT. We thought it was the rear BSM modules from being exposed to dirt/rocks and while that seemed to help the battery is still going dead after a day or so. I was curious if you've had any luck with your findings. Thanks.
So I had a Indy shop check it out. Turns out it was a compustar remote start my car has that I totally forgot I had as I never use since I have a heated garage. I checked into it and it was installed 4-5 years ago by an authorized GM installer/reseller. Probably no warranty on it now Im sure but Im just leaving it unhooked for now. I sent that GM dealership the Bill and findings to see what they had to say about it but have not heard back yet. There was a fuse hidden up in the dash for it. No wonder when I had every fuse removed from my car the High Amp draw never went down. Stupid me for not realizing I had an after market remote start.

Thank you for the response nfear24. I will have to keep looking where my drain issue is. I have remote start but its with Mazdas ugly aftermarket fob. I will check that circuit and see if there's any fuses under the dash pertaining to it. Its worth trying at this point!

Back