Painted Calipers

Just finished painting mine. I think it turned out rather nicely.

1759d1082587642-painted-my-calipers-now-my-car-wont-stop-smells-funny-rotor.jpg

(rlaugh) (lol2) this was great hahaha

This is funny, I hope people here do not think this is what they look like. Nobody paints the disc and pads like that.
Just finished painting mine. I think it turned out rather nicely.

1759d1082587642-painted-my-calipers-now-my-car-wont-stop-smells-funny-rotor.jpg

i'll prolly do mine sky blue (same as coils) after i lower it which i plan to order early next month

Last edited:
I did mine red on a black Mazda3 hatch. I used the G2 2 part epoxy kit I got on ebay here. Plenty of colours available!

It really stands out, but since it's such a small part, not too much. It adds a nice contrast and a bit of colour to the wheel well.

It took me around 6 hours total to do all corners. I simply had to jack the car on stands, remove wheels, clean/scrub calipers, paint (5 coats each caliper) and let dry as long as possible.

It held up pretty well, even in winter with all the salt and nasty stuff we have in Quebec, but when mazda cleaned the calipers and the brake assembly (every year service plan), they chipped the finish and the paint. Although not so bad looking, it's not as neat as it was in the beginning (because of the cleaning by Mazda).

I most probably will do it on my CX-5 (which I will get next winter), just don't know what colour yet!

I also did this on my previous car, it was a fun little mini-meet where 4 of us painted our calipers together, and I agree the G2 caliper paint holds up very well over the years.

Back