Outside moisture removal from front windows

I have a 2020 CX-5 (purchased in Nov. 2020). When I roll down EITHER of the front door windows and then roll them up, the moisture on the outside doesn’t get ‘squeege’d’ off...almost like a piece of window trim is missing. This makes it difficult to see outside to the sides of the vehicle until the moisture gets blown off from moving the car, so I have to leave the windows DOWN or roll them down each time I approach an intersection. Anyone else having this issue?

I have a 2020 CX-5 (purchased in Nov. 2020). When I roll down EITHER of the front door windows and then roll them up, the moisture on the outside doesn’t get ‘squeege’d’ off...almost like a piece of window trim is missing. This makes it difficult to see outside to the sides of the vehicle until the moisture gets blown off from moving the car, so I have to leave the windows DOWN or roll them down each time I approach an intersection. Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, this’s a norm on CX-5. And this’s the only vehicle I’ve owned doing this but I’ve to say this happens on some other newer vehicles too. It seems the rubber felt on the window bottom trim seal is never touched the glass. And I tried to push the window outward while it’s going down making the rubbler felt touching the glass, not much better either.

Yes, this’s a norm on CX-5. And this’s the only vehicle I’ve owned doing this but I’ve to say this happens on some other newer vehicles too. It seems the rubber felt on the window bottom trim seal is never touched the glass. And I tried to push the window outward while it’s going down making the rubbler felt touching the glass, not much better either.
Did you ever take yours into the dealer, during the warranty period, to address this issue?

Did you ever take yours into the dealer, during the warranty period, to address this issue?
No, I didn’t. Because I’ve seen plenty of complaints here about this issue, and there’s nothing the Mazda dealer can do to improve the issue because it’s designed this way. Besides, we don’t see too much rain here in north Texas, that problem doesn’t bother me too much.

However, if it bothers you, I’d encourage you to raise this issue within warranty period next time you visit your Mazda dealer for something else more important. Mazda may have had some resolution for this issue, you never know.

No, I didn’t. Because I’ve seen plenty of complaints here about this issue, and there’s nothing the Mazda dealer can do to improve the issue because it’s designed this way. Besides, we don’t see too much rain here in north Texas, that problem doesn’t bother me too much.

However, if it bothers you, I’d encourage you to raise this issue within warranty period next time you visit your Mazda dealer for something else more important. Mazda may have had some resolution for this issue, you never know.
Thanks. Yeah, it just seems like a ‘safety issue’ more than anything, not to mention an inconvenience to have to roll the windows down for the first few intersections that I approach until the dew is either blown away or the climate control system dissipates it. Again, once I get rolling it usually takes care of itself. Appreciate the prompt reply...thanks again!

its not a safety issue from the car :)
try Rainex or glass coating. This often helps.
Well, it kinda is if you can’t see the cross traffic due to the moisture. Good idea on the Rain-X!! I used to use that stuff quite a while ago, but might have to resurrect it!

Many cars do not wipe the window as it goes up and down. My Integra does not, and neither does my Miata. I've seen older American cars do this, but it's definitely not a problem or deficiency that this car doesn't do that.

Sorry. Reviving this thread.

This drives me mad. My 2019 doesn’t clear the front NOR back windows. It’s a major annoyance and the door stripping definitely “should” do this. That’s really my only major complaint about my CX-5.

I'm actually kind of glad my car does this.
Previous vehicles I've owned where the rubber edge always wiped the window ended up scratching the glass after a few years. Tiny vertical streaks that wouldn't come out.
I've been using rain X for many years, and still swear by the stuff.

I'm actually kind of glad my car does this.
Previous vehicles I've owned where the rubber edge always wiped the window ended up scratching the glass after a few years. Tiny vertical streaks that wouldn't come out.
I've been using rain X for many years, and still swear by the stuff.
Oddly enough I’ve never gone down the path of using RainX. No reason not too, just have never bothered.

Do you find it keeps the side windows clear? I’d definitely apply it if it’s a functional fix. Embarrassed that I never tried the stuff :)

RainX works great as long as you clean the windows very thoroughly and apply the RainX from edge to edge. Anything less doesn't work (in my experience).

I’ll give it a go. Nothing to lose really. Plenty of stoner glass cleaner lying around to get them clean.

Oddly enough I’ve never gone down the path of using RainX. No reason not too, just have never bothered… :)
IIRC, RainX can interfere with windshield-mounted sensors. Therefore it is not recommended.

I put RainX on the windshield of my 2020 CX-5 and found that it blurred the HUD as viewed from the inside.

Back