Orange TPMS Monitor Review

Thanks for the great replies. Before I pull the trigger on the receiver, how do I make sure that there is a TPMS sending unit on my 17-18 CX-5? Can the TS also post pictures of the tire valves?

Do you have TPMS on your car? If so, the 17 18 have direct so you will have a transmitter in each wheel. TPMS is required in the USA, is it required in your region?

One indicator is usually the valve stems. Often they are metal and have a nut holding them onto the tire. Mine has a visible nut on the valve stem. You may not see any threads, but the post by 7 earlier has a link to the whole module inside the tire with valve stem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Thanks for the great replies. Before I pull the trigger on the receiver, how do I make sure that there is a TPMS sending unit on my 17-18 CX-5? Can the TS also post pictures of the tire valves?

Deflate your tires below 27 PSI. The monitoring system on the CX-5 should alert you to a flat.

Here is a post from tomcat1446 showing the metal valve stem with built-in TPMS pressure sensor. If you see black rubber stem, you don't have TPMS pressure sensor in there.

Reducing air pressure on one tire won't work if you have cheaper indirect-read TPMS system. Do you see a TPMS button on the control panel next to the TCS and i-stop buttons?

just got back from NY Auto show, agree with everyone, the new red color has to be seen in person to get the real feel of it, it has so much depth and shadowing/shine changes as you walk around the car

just noticed, tire pressure sensors!! on the tire valve, ughhhh, hate these, had these on my old car, I much prefer the non-sensor type TPMS so can swap summer and winter wheels without worrying about initializing stupid sensors for each wheel.....2016 and previous don't use tire pressure sensors, I think it's based on rotational speed or the ABS system, not sure, but I know the stems are rubber with black caps for 2016 and previous years. The 2017 are stiff solid metal shafts with a grey cap which means tire sensor.

Here is a post from tomcat1446 showing the metal valve stem with built-in TPMS pressure sensor. If you see black rubber stem, you don't have TPMS pressure sensor in there.

Reducing air pressure on one tire won't work if you have cheaper indirect-read TPMS system. Do you see a TPMS button on the control panel next to the TCS and i-stop buttons?
This is logical and duly noted. Thanks!

If you don't have a tire pressure warning light on in your dash, you have functioning TPMS sensors.

The point of deflating the tire to <27 PSI is that will trigger the alarm on a 2017/18 CX-5. The Orange TPMS receiver only works with these models.

Can you see the picture of metal valve stem in tomcat1446's post I attached?
Just now. Yeah it's metal. Mine is rubber. [emoji22]
If you don't have a tire pressure warning light on in your dash, you have functioning TPMS sensors.
I do have a warning light on my dash.

Thanks for the input guys! I guess I'll buy a complete TPMS system instead. I have already bought a cheap one for $50. I'll install it first on my daughter's car and observe. I bought an Orange TPMS set and it's kinda expensive at $149.

Just now. Yeah it's metal. Mine is rubber. [emoji22]I do have a warning light on my dash.
Do you have a TPMS reset button on the control panel next to i-stop and TCS buttons? If you do, then you have older Gen-1 indirect TPMS system. It make me wonder why Mazda North Amrrican Operations specified more expensive direct-read TPMS system for nothing in US market?

I bought an Orange TPMS set and it's kinda expensive at $149.

Hi Nelson

If you PM me, I can give you a contact at Orange Electronics to talk to about determining if you can negotiate a return. I also noted that on the Amazon.com site, they say that the monitor can be used on a 2008 Mazda 5. It may be worthwhile checking with them if it will work on other Mazda models or vehicles.

Do you have a TPMS reset button on the control panel next to i-stop and TCS buttons? If you do, then you have older Gen-1 indirect TPMS system. It make me wonder why Mazda North Amrrican Operations specified more expensive direct-read TPMS system for nothing in US market?
No reset button.
Hi Nelson

If you PM me, I can give you a contact at Orange Electronics to talk to about determining if you can negotiate a return. I also noted that on the Amazon.com site, they say that the monitor can be used on a 2008 Mazda 5. It may be worthwhile checking with them if it will work on other Mazda models or vehicles.
I have their email address. 3 years ago I was contemplating on being a distro here in my country for Orange Electronics Taiwan but the discount is low plus I have to pay for the "programmer" device so I can replace single valves or relocate the valves. Thanks for the offer.

Back