2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

just got back from NY Auto show, agree with everyone, the new red color has to be seen in person to get the real feel of it, it has so much depth and shadowing/shine changes as you walk around the car

pictures don't do it justice, IMHO, that's the best looking color for the new CX-5, machine grey is second, but I've seen it in the sun and it's not as nice as the red.

grill is all metal, not plastic, probably will need a leaf blower to dry this thing..... it'll take all day with a towel....

I have to agree with what some members are saying about so much empty space in the center, all you see is the vents,
and screen looks large but actual LCD screen is smaller

engine bay looks exactly the same as 2016 and previous years....

at least they're not cheapening out on the fluids anymore, mine was below the F line for coolant.....

spare wheel with Bose subwoofer...

white leather looks awesome when new but already getting dirty and stained....mostly by blue denim jeans.....

I have to disagree with what some members have reported, the rear quarter panel blind spot seems a lot worse in the new model,
the plastic panel is more intrusive and juts inward alot more

the dreaded new connector.....

just noticed, tire pressure sensors!! on the tire valve, ughhhh, hate these, had these on my old car, I much prefer the non-sensor type TPMS so can swap summer and winter wheels without worrying about initializing stupid sensors for each wheel.....2016 and previous don't use tire pressure sensors, I think it's based on rotational speed or the ABS system, not sure, but I know the stems are rubber with black caps for 2016 and previous years. The 2017 are stiff solid metal shafts with a grey cap which means tire sensor.

Last edited:
so Australia CX-5's doesn't have the tire pressure monitoring system at all ?? that should be a standard safety option....

No. Don't think its that vital as most CX-5s are driven on roads here and not offroad etc

just got back from NY Auto show, agree with everyone, the new red color has to be seen in person to get the real feel of it, it has so much depth and shadowing/shine changes as you walk around the car

pictures don't do it justice, IMHO, that's the best looking color for the new CX-5, machine grey is second, but I've seen it in the sun and it's not as nice as the red.

Thanks for the great pics. Have been debating parchment or black leather. That pic with the staining on the parchment makes the decision for me -- black it is.

TPMS is a convenience, not a safety feature. Agree.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great pics. Have been debating parchment or black leather. That pic with the staining on the parchment makes the decision for me -- black it is.

Always preferred the black leather to white.

Indeed. If it was a safety feature, would be standard in all markets like BSM/RCT/Smart City

No. Don't think its that vital as most CX-5s are driven on roads here and not offroad etc

Interesting they've dropped this perhaps due to the new system on each wheel as seen above. All previous-gen models had TPSM here in Oz.

What is interesting is Australia has a Touring model with the flip-top HUD as in current Mazda3s etc and only GT and above get windscreen HUD.

Interesting they've dropped this perhaps due to the new system on each wheel as seen above. All previous-gen models had TPSM here in Oz.

What is interesting is Australia has a Touring model with the flip-top HUD as in current Mazda3s etc and only GT and above get windscreen HUD.

Was it mentioned in the brochure? Cause I couldn't find it in the new brochure. Maybe I just missed it?

The more you pay, the more you get re HUD

Was it mentioned in the brochure? Cause I couldn't find it in the new brochure. Maybe I just missed it?

The more you pay, the more you get re HUD

Brochure makes no mention of any Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems. HUD types are listed.

great pics Tomcat ! thx, wife was set and going to buy the new CX-5 with the white leather, then your pic convinced her otherwise, not happy about the extra cost for tire pressure sensors, I guess we can just bite the bullet and get them for the winter wheel set or just forget them and ignore the TPMS dash light during the winter.......

she's going for the red paint with black interior, just hope she doesn;t scratch the paint, heard it's very difficult or near impossible to match perfectly....

grill is all metal, not plastic, probably will need a leaf blower to dry this thing..... it'll take all day with a towel....

I have to agree with what some members are saying about so much empty space in the center, all you see is the vents,
and screen looks large but actual LCD screen is smaller

engine bay looks exactly the same as 2016 and previous years....

at least they're not cheapening out on the fluids anymore, mine was below the F line for coolant.....

spare wheel with Bose subwoofer...

white leather looks awesome when new but already getting dirty and stained....mostly by blue denim jeans.....

I have to disagree with what some members have reported, the rear quarter panel blind spot seems a lot worse in the new model,

just noticed, tire pressure sensors!! on the tire valve, ughhhh, hate these, had these on my old car, I much prefer the non-sensor type TPMS so can swap summer and winter wheels without worrying about initializing stupid sensors for each wheel.....2016 and previous don't use tire pressure sensors, I think it's based on rotational speed or the ABS system, not sure, but I know the stems are rubber with black caps for 2016 and previous years. The 2017 are stiff solid metal shafts with a grey cap which means tire sensor.

Last edited:
When I got my 2016 Akera, had choice of 2 x Soul red cars, one with black leather and one with white. Was always going to take the one with black.

Salesman mentioned the issue with blue jeans on white leather to me at the time.

So does the 2017 US spec CX-5 now include feedback for PSI of each tire?

How will the system cope if winter wheels are fitted with out tire pressure sensors, assuming that's what they are?

The aftermarket tyrepal ones don't look anything like those in the picture, seems odd for Mazda to increase costs for tyre monitoring, unless the system shows temperature and gains insurance discounts?

Edit Looks like that's what they are.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sou.......0.0.0.14914...........0.IgkhzHPERyQ#spf=1

Last edited:
No its a safety feature.
Had it operate twice on my car.
I get an insurance discount for a tyre pressure system fitted to my caravan.

Its also alerted my son with his Mazda 3 to a slow puncture travelling at 70mph, he had no idea until the dash board lit up.

No its a safety feature.
Had it operate twice on my car.
I get an insurance discount for a tyre pressure system fitted to my caravan.

Its also alerted my son with his Mazda 3 to a slow puncture travelling at 70mph, he had no idea until the dash board lit up.

I agree it's for safety also, mine lit up also during road trip with 4 passengers,

I ALWAYS check my tire pressure before long trips and all were good before our trip.

Six hours into the trip, the TPMS lit up on the highway , I had no idea I had a slow leak,

must have picked up a nail on the highway or during a gas fill-up stop,

either way, it was good to have, especially with fully loaded car at highway speeds.

just got back from NY Auto show ⋯
Another excellent write up! Should be by its own instead of getting buried in a long thread!

I have to agree with what some members are saying about so much empty space in the center, all you see is the vents ⋯

Yeah Mazda could have moved up the HVAC control higher to make center console cubby bigger. 2nd-gen CX-9 is worse as the gear shifter is blocking the HVAC when you shift it into the Park!

It's a demo CX-5 for auto shows, it could be topped off during the new-car inspection. We have to check some brand new CX-5's directly out of the truck to verify. Any chance to check fluid levels on engine oil and rear differential? :) But I sure hope Mazda has changed the practice on this.

Just add a third interior color like everybody else such as gray!!!

Time to get new 2017 JDM rear headrests or reuse the ones from 1st-gen!

Yep, luckily we don't need winter wiper blades in Texas and we only need wiper blade inserts for maintenance! ;)

Since Mazda hasn't mentioned this TPMS system change, and new CX-5 doesn't have direct-read tire pressure display like Nissan Rogue, is it possible these could be the fancy but standard metal valve stems?

2017-nissan-rogue-safety-tire-pressure-monitor.jpg

I had the dealership leave all of the interior plastics on so I could remove them. I also asked them not to wash it but their guy did anyways. I'll be spending the entire weekend buffing out all the scratches then sealing the paint with a synthetic sealant wax.

Ketchup and mustard

attachment.php

HUD
attachment.php

Attachments

• garage.JPG
    garage.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,415
  • HUD.JPG
    HUD.JPG
    651.6 KB · Views: 1,648
Back