Oil filter Recall on 2.2D engine

dad of jon

:
cx-5 se-l 2.2D
Hi just had this email....

VIN: JMZKEF91600147414

Dear Mr Dad of jon

During routine quality checks it has been found that a number of Mazda6, Mazda3 & CX-5 vehicles fitted with the 2.2 diesel engine may experience the engine management light indicating an oil filtration problem.

As your Mazda is in the affected vehicle range we ask that you contact your local Mazda dealer as soon as possible in order that arrangements can be made for an enhanced oil filter to be fitted to avoid this. If your car is already booked in shortly for a service with a Mazda dealer no further action is required and this work will automatically be completed. In addition to an enhanced filter, the engine oil will be changed. This work will be carried out free of charge and should take approximately 2� hours including any further checks as required.

So an impromptu trip to the dealer calls. Ah well I'll see if I can try a new maz2 loaner. I have my eye on the petrol 1.5 version (sssh)

Strange this, I have just had new servo, turbo, camshafts and now injectors fuel filter etc replaced because of this issue but have never received any notification, still not got my car back after 39 days in dealer. I have had problems with Mazda UK and the dealer, they had to send two techs from opposite end of country to look at it, very poor service and a car with nearly a engine rebuild.

I would not call it an oil filter recall... I got a letter this week from Mazda Norway telling me to bring in the car due to a possible temporary reduction in braking feel at low engine rpms. There is also a vague mention of replacing a vacuum pump if found necessary.

It is my understanding that many, if not all, 2.2DE used i CX-5`s have a potential ticking time bomb that is a faulty vacuum pump that when fails already will have released metal particles into the engine oil inducing premature wear, especially on the camshafts and turbos. This means that even if it does not fail and is replaced at this recall our motor with only 25K kms can be worn like it has driven 250K kms...

I`m taking oil samples to have analyzed before I turn the car in for this recall. If I have high count of wear particles they will have to come up with something good to keep me happy.

They replaced the injectors etc, got a email to say still hasn't cured it, today they have had my car 45 days and still not repaired!!

Just had a phone call to say my CX5 needs a software update. I told them I already had an update done after changing the dip stick etc but they said this is another one. It's from the dealer that I really do not like, they didn't help at all with initial problems (so I went to my 4th dealer after phoning around for support) with oil level rise and software updates, I wonder if it really does not one or if this is a cover story for something else needing done. I will ask for details once they finish but the last time I asked they said only Mazda HQ can provide details!

I was so focused on the whole engine oil\metal particles that i forgot to ask.
I did send an email to Mazda Norway asking what they would do if there was a future failure linked to the damage of running the car with the oil full of metal the first years of its life and they replied that they would cover any damage linked to this. If this will hold true if the times comes I do not know, but atleast I have an email stating that they will.

Had my 75,000 mile service a few weeks ago and at the same time sorted two recalls which were:
1. Brake related vacuum pump/valve
2. Software update to counter 'runaway revs on idle'

Had my 75,000 mile service a few weeks ago and at the same time sorted two recalls which were:
1. Brake related vacuum pump/valve
2. Software update to counter 'runaway revs on idle'

I had vacuum pump servo checked which was ok , software updated and new oil & filter.

Think it was around 276 worth of warranty work. which given the fact the garage rates are some on the lowest in the uk , would be nearer 350?

since the update, i-stop takes a little longer to come on when stopped, almost like its forgotten to activate.

Dealer is going to fit new short engine and oil pump to mine now, they said there was wear on the cylinders causing slap, been in dealers 51 days today, at least another week or so yet I reckon, unbelievable this whole situation and all Mazda can say is thanks for your patience!!!!

I had vacuum pump servo checked which was ok , software updated and new oil & filter.

Think it was around 276 worth of warranty work. which given the fact the garage rates are some on the lowest in the uk , would be nearer 350?

since the update, i-stop takes a little longer to come on when stopped, almost like its forgotten to activate.

Mine failed the vacuum pump test so had to be replaced. Both recalls were done when it was in for service. No charge despite being out of warranty though as they are designated recalls.
About 320 for 75,000 service (which is a major service) including two new front wipers was a bargain in my book compared to some of the service costs I paid on my old Toyota Corolla!

They haven't told you about the gearbox issues

Mine failed the vacuum pump test so had to be replaced. Both recalls were done when it was in for service. No charge despite being out of warranty though as they are designated recalls.
About 320 for 75,000 service (which is a major service) including two new front wipers was a bargain in my book compared to some of the service costs I paid on my old Toyota Corolla!

Had all the above problems and now there is a recall for vibrating gear stick at above 80 mph I suggest you guys see if your vehicle has it

Had all the above problems and now there is a recall for vibrating gear stick at above 80 mph I suggest you guys see if your vehicle has it

I'd been complaining about vibrating gear stick when accelerating in 6th gear at 2,250rpm and over for years with no resolution (and now my warranty is over)!

Unfortunately I appear to have now succumb to a 2012 spec related camshaft disintegrates in to sump and kills turbo and engine problem! :(
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...D-CX-5-73-333-miles-Have-you-had-this-problem

Last edited:
Back