Off Mazda Topic: Thoughts on concealed carry firearm of choice?

no manual safety on the kahr. Guns and cars both like to go fast!
Most pocket sized, CCW pistols are without a manual safety. They generally have very long trigger pulls as their safety. Heading to the range today to shoot a couple...

I'm the proud owner of a S&W Bodyguard 380, finally!

Have had my name on the backorder list with no eta at my local store.
Nobody has any in stock in the U.S. in any store or online.
I went into another store yesterday, browsing.
I was about to walk out when a guy that worked there started talking with me.
I mentioned the unavailability of the bodyguard and he concured.
They another guy that worked there walked up to us and says
"I think we just got one off the truck today"
sure enough they brought it to me, they didn't even have it in their computer yet.

Got it for 349. It was the only one they received. I'm lucky.

IMG_1615.jpg

That is nice, the laser integration is much better than the revolver. I just changed out the front sight to a Hiviz, much easier aiming than the black stock front.
hiviz0011.jpg

Congrats on the bodyguard. If you are looking for additional options - Kahr PM9 is very nice, small, light, has good accuracy and manual safety, there is a model that won't fire without the magazine. Good trijicon sights complement it well. CT integrated laser fits well too. Probably a good idea to always have a round chambered when carrying, especially if you need to use it and only have one hand available.

I haven't really been looking at weapons lately but Im looking at three weapons: a handgun, a shotgun, and some type of AR. What do you guys think of Sig Sauer? I was looking at their P250 and Im also looking at a Springfield XDM .40. For the shotgun, Im thinking about a Mossberg J.I.C. and some type of AR 15. Being in the military, Im used to M4's,so it's nothing new. So, I would like something along those lines.

I haven't really been looking at weapons lately but Im looking at three weapons: a handgun, a shotgun, and some type of AR. What do you guys think of Sig Sauer? I was looking at their P250 and Im also looking at a Springfield XDM .40. For the shotgun, Im thinking about a Mossberg J.I.C. and some type of AR 15. Being in the military, Im used to M4's,so it's nothing new. So, I would like something along those lines.

Sig's are really nice, but you have to pay $$$ for them. P250 is a popular choice, can't go wrong, other than overspend. I would personally go with an XDM-9 over the 40. +p 9mm will get the job done just about as good as a 40. 40 is just one of those calibers that a few folks here and there have, but for some reason has not really caught on, and is a bit more expensive for ammo than 9mm. Plus 40 caliber firearms are usually a bit bulkier (wider) and you can't fit as many into the mag as you can with a 9.

As far as a shotgun, I've yet to meet a shotgun that didn't work, there are so many variations of shotguns its rediculous, just get what works for you I say.
Don't forget about the old AR-15's that poop where they eat, you don't want one of those.

I picked up the Ruger LCP. Comparing it to several others none was streamlined in the way the Ruger was. I shot a few rounds in the backyard and I've been very impressed so far.

IMG_4748.jpg

IMG_4752.jpg

Right now I am torn between the Taurus 709 slim and the Bodyguard. I already have a Ruger P89 (way to big to cc) so the 709 is tempting that I wouldn't have to buy a different caliber.

I was on the 709 slim kick for awhile, as it breaks down real easy, manual safety, 3 white dots, 9mm, however, it is much larger than the bodyguard. the 709 is even a little bit bigger than the Ruger LC9. There is just no way to fit the 709 in your pocket comfortably if pocket carry is ever desired. For me, I want to carry my gun either in my front pocket or rear pocket all the time, and with the 709, that was just not possible, too heavy and bulky. To each his own though... 709 would be a great iwb carry.

I would like to pocket carry and feel that I can with the 709. I am a slim guy and the pants/jeans I wear are a little baggy and have some what deep pockets. I am going to take a second look at the 709 tomorrow and also check to see if I can pocket carry.

I tried the 709 in my front pocket of my Dickie's, which are pretty baggy. It just felt like it was heavy in the pocket. Give it a try.

I would consider IWB but I am the type of guy that always yucks his shirt in and wears a belt.

I may end up with a 380 but I can't find anyone local that has the S&W Bodyguard in stock or can tell me when they will be getting some. I have yet to see one on person, let alone hold one.

Back